Banks, you are FIVE months old!
You have grown and changed SO much in the past month. Your personality is blooming and we see more of "you" everyday. You are so much more aware of your surroundings and the emotions of others. You are a smart little cookie ;)
You have started to sit up with minimal support, either your boppy or our laps work well.
You absolutely LOVE to smile at us! It is the sweetest thing and you pretty much smile all day long! Its pretty easy to make you giggle. Your favorite book is "Quick as a Cricket" and you literally cackle through the whole thing. By far the best moment of your little life came one night when Daddy was reading it to you and you couldn't even catch your breath you were laughing so hard.
This month you have rolled front to back a bunch and back to front some, too.
You have discovered your hands and feet big time. You love to touch and examine them. You have also discovered your bibs, clothes, my hair, daddy's shirt, pretty much anything that you can get your little hands on! You love to reach out and grab anything and everything!
Your schedule has been in transition this month for lack of a better word. You are stuck between a 3 hour and a 4 hour schedule.
You have slept through the night EVERY night this month!!!! We put your down at 7 or 7:30 and you get up around 6:30 or 7. You go to bed very easily without any protest. You smile so big when I lay you down in your crib at night, but then you settle yourself and fall asleep. I cherish that smile and that first one I see when I walk into your room in the morning.
Naps have been tricky as of late. You are really easy to go down for a nap, all I do is lay you in your crib and you fall asleep right away....but after 45 minutes (like clockwork) you are up and at 'em. You wake up smiling and happy and ready to get up. I have tried EVERYTHING to break the "45 minute intruder" (as babywise calls it), but you are not having it. Occasionally we will get a miracle and you will sleep 1.5-2 hours, but thats rare. I have chosen to quit worrying about it and embrace it...its just who you are :) You take 3-4 naps a day (you are trying to give up your 4th nap).
You LOVE food....I mean LOVE. It worried me at first because after you had a taste of oatmeal you were not very interested in breastfeeding, but things have evened out and you're back to being a good breastfeeder. Here is our schedule right now:
7:00 wake up, breastfeed, oatmeal
9:00 nap
10:00 Breastfeed or 5oz pumped milk if I'm working
12:00 nap
1:00 Breastfeed (or pumped if Im working) and veggie
3:00 nap
4: Breastfeed (or pumped if Im working) and oatmeal or veggie
Sometimes you will nap one more time, but you've been really giving that up lately
7/7:30- bath, breastfeed, and bed!
You have started to scream, I mean scream like a 3 year old. Its not particularly when upset, just finding your voice. Somedays I need ear plugs :)
You really love to roughhouse. You are happiest when daddy gets home from work and he throws, jiggles, tickles, and "wrestles" with you. The crazier, the better for you! You are definitely ALL boy!
Your hands are in your mouth 24/7...maybe a tooth, maybe just like the way your fingers taste.
You are in the process of getting over your first nasty cold. Blakely got it from church nursery, she shared with you, and then you shared with me! You were such a good boy the whole time even though you were so stuffy and had a bad cough. You continued to be a good sleeper at night despite how bad you felt. The cold took me down much more than you!
You are the sweetest thing and you love to be cuddled. I could kiss you all day long. I absolutely adore you feisty personality, there is never a dull moment. You love watching Blakely play and you are just itching for the day that you can get down and play with her...it won't be long, little man.
I don't know how much you weigh this month, but I feel like you have grown A LOT since beginning food! You are becoming pretty heavy to carry around. You no longer have to sit in your carrier when you are in your stroller because you're such a big boy! You even swung at the park the other day...you are getting so big!
You wear:
Size 2 diaper
Size 6 months clothes
Banks, Mommy and Daddy adore you and love every minute we get to spend with you. Your little personality if so joyful and happy and we are thankful for that. It is amazing to watch you grow and change, it is such a miracle from God, He is so good. Our lives are much more fun with you in them! We love you!








1 comments:
Banks is just a doll!! He is the cutest little thing!!
I had *refused* to read Babywise because of the bad wrap it had gotten, but after reading your posts and seeing how happy your sweet little one is, I decided to buy it. We're on day 3 of implementing the Babywise routine (except the rocking to sleep...Mama just isn't ready to give that up, yet! Ha!) and I swear, Grant is a totally different child! He is so happy and alert all day and we are absolutely loving it!!
After reading the book,I have no idea how Babywise is viewed so negatively?? I even think it has HELPED me in breastfeeding since he's getting full feedings now and not just snacking all day. His tummy certainly feels better!!
Anyway, thank you for posting about BW so much!! I SO WISH I had read it sooner!! :D
Post a Comment