As I look around my house and see the piles of stuff waiting to be packed and moved, I am constantly reminded of this huge change we will be making in a few short weeks. Mostly I am so excited and eagerly anticipating our new house and this new adventure, but a piece of me is mourning. I am mourning for a variety of things but a big piece of me is mourning leaving my job. I love my job and the patients and all that comes with it, but mostly I am mourning leaving two of my best friends.
When I began working there I never thought that I would meet two girls that would make going to work not only tolerable, but fun. These two girls quickly became best friends and I am in denial that I will be leaving them. For me the timing of all of this is perfect, except for this one piece. It doesn't seem like the right time to leave them, especially since Shannon just welcomed Settle into our lives. I know and trust that God's plan is sovereign and good, but he never promised it would be easy.
With all that said, I got to meet Settle! He arrived very early last Thursday morning and he is perfect and just beautiful!
7lbs, 3oz
19 3/4 inches
Kimberly with Settle :)
Look at that sweet, perfect little face!
Shannon and Berkley are already such great parents, so relaxed, like they've done this a thousand times.
Settle with his mama, Aunt Kimberly, and Aunt Alyssa
We love you so much little guy!
I am over the moon excited for Shannon and she will just be the best mama. When she got pregnant I had big dreams of raising our boys together, but like I said, God had other plans for us. We are just two hours down the road so there will be many play dates and fun times ahead, I know.
I will miss the daily interaction with Shannon and Kimberly that I have had for the past three plus years. We have seen each other through some really tough times, and we have had the joy of celebrating together some of the happiest times. These two girls will always hold a very special place in my heart and I know our friendship will not change with me moving away.
Congratulations Shannon and Berkeley, we love your new family of three!




0 comments:
Post a Comment