Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Early Easter Celebration

Last weekend we celebrated Easter a week early with my grandfather who was down from Ohio for a visit!  This was his first time meeting Katy Ellis, it was love at first sight!
 

 
He adores his great grands!

Poppy with 3 of his grandchildren and all his great grands :)


We grilled steaks in Lauren and Richard's backyard, it was the perfect night for playing and eating outside. 


My parents made the kids the sweetest Easter baskets, they got to open them a little early!
 
My mom made each of the kiddos a sweet bunny from scratch with their name on it, how cute are they?  She is so talented!



 
Banks kept squeezing his bunny!




 
I love this crazy boy :)





My mom also made them each a bucket to hunt Easter eggs with.

Both Banks and Blakely LOVED finding the Easter eggs...huge hit!


 
So in Blakely's Easter basket from my parents there was this Minnie mouse dress.  She immediately put it on and twirled around saying "I pretty!" "I pretty!"  She refused to take it off for the rest of the night.  She was so happy wearing it who would have made her take it off??  Why not hunt Easter eggs dressed up in a pink polka dot gown?


 
So determined to get them all in his bucket, and then once he had about 20 eggs he would dump them on his head...crazy boy!







Love this kids and I love watching them have so much fun together!  Cousins are the best!
 
 
I think we will be playing "Easter eggs" for a few more months at our house!

0 comments: