Thursday, December 20, 2018

Banks Trip to the Hospital

On the third day of school my sister called to tell me that Banks had developed some kind of inguinal hernia and needed to go to the ED right away!
 
I was on my way home from work and immediately started to panic, so I grabbed him from my sis and rushed him to Palmetto Children's. 
 
 
After some preliminary tests they determined it was a skin infection and he would need some heavy antibiotics and would need to stay the night!
 
He was initially VERY sad and scared about staying, but child life came in and reassured him and I told him I would be there the whole time. 
 

Waiting for our room!
 
 
He was still all smiles despite everything!
 
He loved being wheeled around haha!
 
 
So we ended up staying two nights in the hospital.  He was fine and happy and not in any pain thank goodness!  He got some IV abx and a few ultrasounds.
 
We had SOOO many wonderful visitors!  SOOOO BLESSED by our family!
 
 
Room service was pretty nice for Banks haha!
 
 
Bravest kid I know!
 
 
After three days, two nights, and 14,359 rounds of UNO we were sent home on oral abx!  Hallelujah! Makes me so grateful that it was a short stay and not something we ever want to do again.  Thankful for our health in a whole new way!  

0 comments: