Monday, April 11, 2011

Ladybug Club

To give you a little history, when I first moved to South Carolina from Ohio at 9 years of age, it was the summer after the third grade.  So obviously hadn't made any friends yet because it was summer and I was new.  That summer my family joined a church and I began Sunday School.  Well my first two friends were two little girls named Cameron and Jessica.  We hit it off immediately and became fast friends.  Well to make a long story short, many pool parties, vacations, video taped dances and talk shows later we are now all grown up.  In the midst of all the growing up we created one of the most exclusive and long-lasting "clubs" any 9-14 year old girls could create.  We were from that time on known as the Ladybug club.  This was a very serious club with very strict admission requirements and many rules and regulations once you were in.  That may be while there was only the three of us...ha! 
Some good old pictures have surfaced this week because the last of the Ladybug club has gotten hitched.  Jessica married Nick this past weekend, and now all three ladybugs have tied the knot.  This picture was taken in our prime, as if you cannot already tell.  No big deal, we did some rookie modeling at the Limited Too.  Was it really cool to wear the same color head to toe?
A couple of observations from this picture.  Yes, I am wearing an Ahiro Nu Pekkle shirt (and yes I googled how to spell that).  Cameron is indeed sporting an Umbro shirt...classic 5th grade Cameron look. And Jessica you could be sitting more Lady-like. 

Flashforward 13 years and here we are at Cameron's wedding.  We look just a little bit better than the previous picture.  Considering how we started out, we did pretty good for ourselves. 

And like I said, Jessica got married this weekend to Nick.  It was a beautiful ceremony and reception and of course the bride looked beautiful! 

Congratulations to our final Ladybug to get married :)

1 comments:

Cameron said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! wow is the only word i can think of for the first 2 pictures!
thanks for the embarrassment and the laugh! so glad i got to see you at the wedding! yay for Jess and Nick!
love you!