Thursday, June 9, 2011

Monkey Business and Bathroom Dilemma

Theres a new blogger in town...my sister!  As I mentioned before my sister and her husband, Richard, are pregnant with their first baby.  What better time to start a blog?!?  So she did!  Her new blog's URL is

http://tobermonkeybusiness.blogspot.com/

Their last name is "Monk" so their blog is called Monkey Business, cute right?

On another note, I know I have showed a few of the rooms that I have worked on so far in our house. One of the rooms that basically remains untouched since we moved in is the half bath.  It is your typical, very small, no window, pedestal sink, half bath.  I am just completely uninspired and have no idea what I want to do with that room.  Several times I have gone to paint it, but I don't really know what color...I don't have a theme...I am just confused! 

Here are some ideas I have found off of the website blog Better After (which I LOVE).  I have to do a small commercial for this blog.  It is a little addicting. I don't know about you, but when people do projects I don't really want to know all the messy details I just like to look in awe at their before and after pictures.  That is ALL this blog is...a bunch of before and after pics...what could be better?!? 

Anyways, back to my inspiration...




Ideas from here:
Changing up the standard mirror to something different
Possible wall art


Ideas: 
I LOVE those boxes...I might be stealing that idea!
I also love the wall art with the birds


Love the color scheme in this bathroom
I also love the beadboard/paneling in this bathroom and I think it makes a huge difference, but I think my bathroom is too small for it.
You can make such a difference by just adding a fun shower curtain or window curtains, but my problem is there is no shower and no windows :(   That is why I have to get creative!

Do you like this sink curtain?  I am on the fence about it.  It does help with adding a little bit of storage to a very small bathroom, but I don't know if I love it.  What do you think?

Love this mirror, wonder if they made it? I hope so!



I like the idea of a stencil, too...wonder if that would be too hard?

Ok, so are you getting the idea?  I have done nothing so don't be expecting any before and after pictures anytime soon :)  I am in the brainstorming stage.  All ideas are welcome!

1 comments:

Becca Jones said...

I want to come help! Lets make a saturday of it, send the boys to the hunting club! We just need to know what you want to do so we can do a lowes run before