Monday, October 17, 2011

Doing the Can-Can

That might be a cheesy blog post, but Im ok with that.  As I have shown on the blog before, we planted a garden this past spring/summer.  We had a variety of different veggies, but the most productive veggie by far was the banana pepper.  Well, one can only eat so many banana peppers- so I decided I should giving canning a whirl.  I think it was a total success.  I say "think" because I haven't actually eaten any of them yet.

 First I picked and washed all the peppers from the garden
 I then washed the jars and added a garlic and salt mixture to the bottom
I cut all the peppers into 1/4 inch segments
 Filled the jars
 I then boiled the lids to facilitate the canning process
 Lastly I poured in the boiling vinegar mixture (to actually pickle the peppers) and put the lids on

Hopefully they will be delicious!