Monday, August 26, 2013

Banks' First Birthday: Party Guests

Banks had so many people that love him come celebrate his first year of life with him!  It was such a wonderful afternoon and I know it was because of all the people that were there.  We are SO blessed with  the most wonderful friends and family!  


Of course GG and Pop Pop were ready to celebrate our birthday boy.  They were also a huge help to me setting everything up and getting ready, not to mention hosting us, thank you!


Blakely was there to celebrate her favorite cousin ;)




The Massengills were the first to arrive and Banks was pumped to see his BFF.  He got some pointers on how to do this whole birthday thing. 


Aunt Kat Kat :)



Lolly matched the birthday boy :)


Megan and sweet Patrick.  We will blink and I know we will be celebrating this little one's birthday...I'm sure his mommy can wait a little bit for that :)


Matt, Mandy, me, Megan, and Patrick 




This picture makes me SO happy! This is the first time all five of our friends from college with babies have gotten together.  These girls mean so much to me and it means so much to be holding all our babies together.  I hope these five (and others I'm sure) grow up to love eachother and they all know how much their mama's friendship means to me.  I love yall!


Carla (one of my mom's best friends), my mom, and Holly and sweet Eliza


Nana, Lolly, and Jordan enjoying lunch


Holly is SUCH a trooper. Ben, her husband, was planning on coming as well, but last minute had to see a patient (he's a dentist with a brand new practice) so she decided to drive herself and her THREE WEEK old baby by herself from Greenville.  She is nothing short of amazing :)


Will, Matt, and Brad 


Nana and Gramps (Banks' great grandparents), Matt's mom, and Jordan, Matt's sister. 


Sweet little Carter, Catie's baby 


Piper is so chill (and adorable), I love it.  Cameron is such a laid back mom, which I totally expected. 


Birthday boy eating some real food after he ate almost an entire cake (separate post coming on that soon)!


Ryan and Olivia 


Megan and McNeil were so sweet to bring Patrick all the way from Greenville, its not easy traveling with the little ones :)


Wilson is SO close to walking, I don't think it will be too much longer!


Cornhole was a big hit all day thanks to the great weather!


Love seeing two groups of my friends hanging out :)




This is what a lot of the afternoon consisted of.  The boys played cornhole while the girls sat and chatted with the babies. So perfect :)


TWO babies in this picture, Banks and his little cousin that will make her debut in February! Yes, its a HER...Kathryn Ellis Monk! So excited for another NIECE! 

If you can't tell, Banks LOVES Richard's beard, he is always reaching for it haha!




SO thankful for everyone who came to celebrate with us, you all made it such a fun and memorable day!  We are so blessed and lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives, wonderful family and friends that feel like family.  Thank you for making Banks' special day that much more special!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Lauren has really good taste in baby names.

Christine {Our Traveling Nest} said...

Looks like a perfect day! Love seeing so many babies there!