Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Details

Its hard to believe that we will be a family of FOUR come December!   It is exciting, thrilling, and scary all at the same time.  Things were a little different this go 'round because I had the opportunity to get to tell Matt about the little one of the way.  With Banks as you might remember, we both were present the second we found out that we were expecting.

Here is how this new journey started...I like to keep track of it for my own records and to write the story so that I'll always remember. One morning I woke up and just had a sneaking suspicion that I might be pregnant and just so happened to have a pregnancy test in my cabinet.  Don't ask me why I thought I was pregnant...there were really no signs, but I just had a feeling...call it mother's intuition ;)  Well I woke up that Friday morning, got Banks out of his bed, then went and took the test.  Well at first glance I saw one line pop up, so I thought "oh its negative" and threw it in the trash.  Well about 3-4 hours later I was back in the bathroom and glanced at the test again...this time I could see a faint second line.  I probably stared at it for a good five minutes not sure whether or not to believe this VERY faint line.  Well finally I decided I would get Banks and head on up to CVS and get the digital kind of test.  Well I am cheap and I like to buy the dollar store tests, so as you can imagine it took a lot to pay TWENTY dollars for two tests...but it was worth it.  I came home thinking "what a waste of money, it will be negative."  But sure enough, I took the digital test and within seconds it popped up "pregnant."  A million emotions swarmed through me, but the most memorable was complete joy!  We had planned to start trying this summer, but the Lord just knew better!  He had this baby in mind before the world began.  JOY barely touches my emotions that day.  The next thing was...I get to tell Matt, and its gonna blow him away!

We already had plans that night to meet for dinner at Zoe's on his way home from work.  Well I racked my brain all day for a cute idea on how to tell him, but in the end I went for simple.  I had taken a picture of the pregnancy test...the one with the faint line.  When Matt pulled up to the restaurant I had Banks go over and give him the picture. 

Here was our conversations:

Matt: "Whose is this?"
Me: "Mine"
Matt: "Well its negative"
Me: "Uhhhh....no its not."
Matt: "WHEN is this from?"  (With a gross face, like I had kept some nasty pee test from 2.5 years ago)
Me: "Well its actually from this morning!"
Matt: Silence....

The silence was quickly filled with complete shock and excitement!  He was SO blown away, I loved it.  We celebrated at dinner and chatted about what life will be like with two.  Of course Banks picked that night to throw a fit at the table and refuse to eat- made us a teensy bit scared of TWO of those, but nonetheless, we are pumped!

Over the next few days we told our family and a few close friends.  My parents were having a cookout that weekend so I strategically placed a hamburger bun in my parents' oven.  When my mom opened it she was like "who put a bun in the oven???"  When Matt and I answered "us" my sister got it right away and started crying...took my mom and dad a few minutes but eventually they got it and were super excited!  We were able to tell Matt's dad and Pam the next day and we had Banks give them a picture with him holding a sign that said "big brother!"  They said they were expecting it!  Well you guys were the only ones ;)   We told Matt's mom and his grandparents at the same time after Jordan's gender reveal, they were all so excited!

These first (almost) twelve weeks have been pretty good.  I think overall I have been less sick than I was with Banks. Lots of the normal food aversions, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc...but overall tolerable.  It has been a HUGE blessing that I have been able to carry on with a toddler without missing much.  Banks might have imitated me puking in the toilet a few times (sorry buddy), but other than that its been good.  I couldn't talk about these twelve weeks without mentioning what an absolute ROCK STAR my husband has been.  He has cooked, cleaned, done bath time, skipped time with friends, taken over Banks' duty, and lots of holding my hair back ;)  I could not have done it without him, he is my hero! 

The chances of me doing weekly posts are about slim to none, but I will try to update every month or so on this pregnancy.  I'm none less excited, just a little busier ;)   Here's to the first trimester almost being over (praise the Lord)!

1 comments:

Christy Areheart said...

So so excited!!! Thanks for sharing the story! It's so fun to read since I don't get to hear it from you!