Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Lauren!

We celebrated Lauren's last birthday before she's a mommy last week- and her last birthday in her 20's!  Ryan, Lauren, and Richard came over that night and we ate a yummy dinner and then I tried a new recipe for a lemonade cake


 I have been on a cooking kick lately- just call me Rachel Ray :)  I made spaghetti with home made spaghetti sauce, fresh mozzarella stuffed meatballs, and caprese salad. I have to brag because it was delicious. 


 For dessert I made a new recipe for lemonade cake, which I should post on here because it was SO good.  I love lemon desserts so this was a repeat for sure.  The best part about it was the lemon cream cheese frosting. It was my first attempt at homemade frosting and it was pretty well!

Lauren at 18 weeks...not the best view of her baby belly! Happy birthday sister...love you!

2 comments:

Becca and Craig Jones said...

Love that last picture of yall! So pretty!

Pam said...

That cake looks soooo good! I hope you will share the recipe or, better yet, make it for us really soon! Love the pic of you and Lauren :)