Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Update: 21 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 21 weeks, 1 day 

Size of the baby? 10 1/2  inches head to heel, and about 15 oz. (according to our ultrasound today), about the length of a large carrot 

Maternity Clothes? Almost all maternity stuff with a few exceptions

Gender? Sweet baby BOY!!!!    We got this confirmed on our ultrasound this morning!!!

Movement? Banks is proving to be a little bit of a wiggle worm!  I feel him the most in late morning, late afternoon, and then in the evenings.  He is busy flipping and kicking away in there.  Today on the ultrasound he was moving ALL around, we could hardly get pictures of him!

Sleep? Pretty good, loving my Boppy wedge.  I lost it for a few nights and didn't know what to do.  Luckily it is back and things are good again. 

Cravings? Still craving fruit and cold things like yogurt/ice cream.  I have also noticed that I have preferred red meat over chicken for the past few months.  Usually I always choose chicken, but lately, its been about the beef :)

Symptoms?  I am finally starting to believe what they say about the second trimester...its pretty awesome.  My nausea is gone and I am feeling great.  I do have heartburn still, but other than that I don't have too many complaints. 

What I miss? Sushi...that sounds so good!

Milestones? We had our anatomy scan and Banks looks "perfect" according to our OB!  It was such a relief and I am so happy to know he is growing just the way he should. 

What I am nervous about?  Not much right now

What I'm excited about?  I guess getting the good report from the anatomy scan this morning just makes me THAT much more excited about meeting him.  Matt and I were just talking about how we have not really wrapped our heads around how much our life is going to change once this little one gets here. Obviously its for the better, but it is still pretty crazy!

Here are some shots from our scan this morning: 



He was not cooperating for most of the scan so we didn't get too many great pictures.  He was just moving around so much!  This is his sweet little profile.

 Matt and I probably spent 15 minutes looking at this picture and imaging what he will look like.  Matt thinks he has his nose and lips. 
This is hard to see, but it is a close up of the nose and lips...precious! 

And if we ever had any doubt that Banks was definitely a boy...here is proof!

We are so grateful and humbled by this precious miracle that God has granted us.  It is still so surreal that this is happening.  God is so good!

0 comments: