As you may know, I grew up in Ohio, well until I was 9. I spent most of my young childhood living around the corner from my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, and grandparents. Some of my favorite moments of my childhood are those...they are so special to me. I can remember so many nights begging my mom and dad to "let" me go to Mimi and Poppy's. Together with Ryan and Lauren and our two cousins Matt and Julia we made memories that we all cherish. There were many days of reading books, lemonade stands, late night ice cream, sleepovers, etc. My Mimi passed away when I was in the 9th grade...extremely too soon, but I am so thankful for each day I spent with her. She had a huge impact on my life and I still think about her regularly. Each big moment that comes up in my life I always wish she was here to cheer me on as she always did.
Whew...that was heavy for a Friday morning...with all that said, some of my Ohio family came and visited last weekend! What a treat it was to see them and get to spend some quality time with each of them. My Poppy and my Aunt and Uncle came for the weekend on their way to vacation at the beach in SC. I was so excited for them to meet Blakely!!!
Blakely has been sitting in her "big girl chair" at the table lately, shes growing up just a little too fast! What happened to the newborn we held and cuddled?? Now she is constantly moving and babbling!
We had a brunch at my parent's house in Charleston Saturday morning. This is my Aunt, my Poppy, and Ryan of course.
Blakely was of course the star of the show! She is honestly the best baby! She never fusses for no reason and just is content with whoever wants to hold her. I know not to get used to it because Banks will probably be just the opposite :)
4 Generations of "Tobers:" Poppy, Blakely, Lauren, and my dad
The whole group!
We only took 401 pictures of Poppy with Blakely! So sweet to see these two together.
It was so nice to see my family...we go way too long in between visits. It was just what my heart needed!








0 comments:
Post a Comment