Banks, somehow you have turned six months old! How has it been HALF a year? Although mostly it feels like you have always been a part of our lives.
You are growing up so fast and changing every day.
You absolutely love people and attention these days. When we are in the room you do just about everything you can to get our attention. You still LOVE smiling at anything and anyone. When we are out and about most people comment "wow, what a happy baby!" Love that sweet outgoing personality :)
You absolutely love people and attention these days. When we are in the room you do just about everything you can to get our attention. You still LOVE smiling at anything and anyone. When we are out and about most people comment "wow, what a happy baby!" Love that sweet outgoing personality :)
You are absolutely fascinated by your hands and your feet...you stare at them all the time! You just study them all day long.
Your new trick is sitting up...and you are getting pretty good. Obviously we have to watch you or you sometimes topple over, but overall you're doing pretty good. You much prefer sitting up now and seeing whats going on. You will still play laying on your back, but you really like to sit up. You sit for a long time if we put your boppy around you. You really like that :)
You have been doing lots of rolling this month! This has been a bit of problem because if you roll over in your crib occasionally you will holler until some one flips you to your back. Other times you can figure out how to roll back to your back. You like tummy time ok, still not your favorite, but you're getting better. How are you going to crawl mister if you won't stay on your tummy for more than 10 minutes?
You are finally getting some hair! Woo hoo! Its light brown and makes you look oh so handsome. Your eyes have stayed a beautiful blue.
You are officially on a four hour schedule and have done BEAUTIFULLY. You really like this schedule and its awesome for us. Here is your schedule right now:
7:00am- wake up, breastfeed (I think you take about 8 oz or so) and then oatmeal
9:00-11:00 Nap #1
11:00- 6oz of pumped breastmilk or breastfeed if Im home and a fruit
1:30-3:30 Nap #2
3:30 6oz of pumped breastmilk or breastfeed if Im home and a veggie (sometimes I wait and give your veggie around 5:00, just depends)
7:00 Breastfeed plus 2 ounces of formula and bedtime
I have decided to add a little formula at night because you still seemed hungry every night. Its working out great and I'm not stressing over it. You take it like a champ...I'm pretty sure you would eat anything!
The next thing you may have noticed is that we have (for now, cross your fingers, don't want to jinx it!) beaten the 45 minute intruder! One day you just started sleeping 1 1/2- 2 hours for your naps...it was like a miracle, haha! SO much better for everyone and you wake up happy and refreshed.
You have eaten so many new things this month!
Pears, peaches, prunes, apples, squash, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas
So far you are still loving everything, you are a great eater!
You are reaching out and grabbing everything. You are noticing Tiger so much more and are wanting to pet him or put your hands in his mouth every chance you get, haha. Tiger doesn't mind one bit and goes along with whatever you poke or tug on him.
You put all your toys in your mouth. You notice when a toy drops or it falls, you now look for it and see where it went (object permanence).
I know you love me lots, but you are in a daddy stage right now! The moment he walks into the room your face lights up and you immediately start smiling and literally panting, haha. Daddy plays all kinds of fun games with you and makes you giggle all night long. It warms my heart to see the two of you bond. I love watching you love your daddy, I hope you always realize what a lucky boy you are to have a father like him. He is so involved and helps take care of you! He gives baths, changes stinky diapers, fixes bottles, feeds you, you name it, he does it! I guess I'm a lucky mama, too :)
You are wearing size 6 months clothes and size 2 diapers, but we are about to move to size 3
Stats as of 6 months:
Height: 26.5 inches, 50% percentile
Weight: 15 lbs 7 oz, 25% percentile
Head Circumference: 17.2in, 50% percentile
You are really babbling lots of consonant noises, especially "da da da da," "ta ta ta ta," and occasionally "ma ma ma."
You talk ALL day long!
Not to get too personal, but on Dr. Monk's recommendation we started an oz of juice in AM and PM to get your system "moving." You of course love juice and drink it quickly. We introduced a sippy cup and you will play with it, but won't tip it up to drink out of it...its a process :) I think I will get one with a straw because I think you could do that kind.
You are still very much a "spitter." I know most kids have outgrown this by now, but not you...you're hanging in there. It makes for A LOT of laundry, but it doesn't bother you, so I try not to let it bother me. I just pray that you outgrow this one when you start sitting up more regularly.
You are a JOY and I mean that. You have the best little personality and make my day so much better every day. I spent the first night away from you this month and I missed you so! Daddy took very good care of you, but I was ready to see you.
Banks, I love you so much. Kathryn said something on her blog a few weeks ago that really hit home. I have to remember that this is much more than schedules, spit up, naps, and diapers...we are raising you to become a man- a man that will hopefully have a heart for Jesus one day. That is my daily prayer. I pray I am a mother to you that shows you Jesus through the life and actions...and I pray your heart is already being prepared for Him.
We love you so much Banks! Happy half birthday :)







1 comments:
Your sweet blog made me cry!! This is my prayer too!! That you will grow to be a good man who loves Jesus!! Love you Banksie!!
Post a Comment