I will admit I am in total denial that we are ONE month away from you being one! How is that possible?! I know I am in denial because I have not done much for your birthday party...oops! Between selling our house, buying a house, getting a new job, packing, etc its coming at a very crazy time! Regardless we will celebrate your first year of life :)
The best way to describe you right now is ON THE MOVE. You are constantly crawling, pulling up, cruising. You no longer like to be held for an extended period of time and you really don't like us holding onto your hands to "walk" because you want to do everything on your own. You are a very independent booger!
You eat everything in sight...and that is no exaggeration. You eat more than I do a lot of meals! Your favorite things to eat are fruit...watermelon, peaches, strawberries, pears, mandarins. You have yet to turn down any type of fruit, actually really any food. The amount of food you can eat is a running joke around the house. It always amazes me when you can eat any entire kids meal plus half of my plate! I am scared what our grocery bill will be in about 12 years.
You are starting to learn about discipline and boundaries. One of our biggest daily challenges is the dog bowls. For whatever reason you are obsessed, but are learning now that they are a "no no." You will get right up on the them and put your hand over them, but 90% of the time you will not touch them. The other day your daddy felt bad for you so he put a little bowl with your food down on the ground so you could eat like Tiger. Well you went over to the bowl but would not touch your food because you thought it was a "no, no" too. I was amazed and so glad to know you're learning!
You are still the smily, happy, giggly baby you've always been! You wake up so happy and I love grabbing you out of your crib in the mornings. You still are sleeping great...2, 1 1/2-2 hr naps at 9 and 2 and you sleep from 7:30-7 at night. You have started really sleeping in some days, even as late as 7:45 on occasion. You go down really easy for both naps and nighttime. You are such a sweet boy!
You are very uninterested in TV or cartoons. A couple of times we try to see if you wanted to watch a cartoon, but it does not hold your attention for more than a second. You are down and on the go again.
Physically you are able to do so much! You can climb stairs, climb over objects, pull up, get down, etc. The only limitation right now is independent walking and I'm not sure that it will happen before your first birthday. We are in no rush for that!
Words right now:
Mama
Dada
Uh oh
ah da - "all done"
ti ti - "Tiger"
We have taken away the paci during the day and you only use it at nighttime and bedtime. You did SO well with the transition. We just decided one day that you don't really need it, and so we just left it in your crib. You haven't really noticed and have moved on. So proud of you!
You love to "destroy" things. My nickname growing up was "bulldozer" and I think you take after your mama. You literally look around for things you can knock over, pull down, take out of something, etc. If something is in your way crawling you will pick it up and sling it out of your way. Gentleness is not your strong suit, so we will have to work on that.
You wear:
Size 12 or 18 months clothes
Size 4 diapers
Size 3 shoes
You really need a haircut and I am thinking about getting it cut soon, just a little off the sides.
You love all animals! You love to chase Tiger or chase Gigi's cat...poor animals! Your "pet" is a little rough, haha.
You have six teeth still, two on bottom, four on top.
You still give the best hugs. When I pick you up, you wrap your arms around my neck, squeeze your face against mine, and hold on so tight. I never want to forget how those hugs feel.
Your favorite game is "how big is Banks?" you throw your hands up the air and laugh so hard! Sometimes you will just throw them in the air randomly so that we will ask you :) You also LOVE peek-a-boo and hide-and-seek!
I love you so very much and being your mom is the best job in the world! You are the sweetest baby and I wouldn't change a thing. I cannot believe in one short month you will be one. This year has blessed me more than I ever thought possible. I love you, sweet one!













0 comments:
Post a Comment