Sunday, September 7, 2014

24 Months Old!

Banks you have reached 24 months old...the big TWO!


You are getting so independent.  You love to play choo choos in the playroom and can often play for 10-15 minutes by yourself while I am downstairs.


BIG NEWS is that "num num" AKA paci is GONE.  No more for naps or nighttime!  As with everything you did GREAT...it really was a non-issue.  Lauren actually helped because one day she forgot to give it to you for your nap and you didn't complain at all, you slept for 2.5 hours like it was nothing.  Since then we gave it up for naps and then a few days later we stopped it for bedtime.  You asked once for it, but we told you that you don't use it any more and that was it.   I dreaded this for no reason.   You sometimes surprise the pants off me.

I feel like we had/have three big hurdles before Walker comes or in the next couple of months: Paci (CHECK!), potty training, and move up to big boy bed.  Next I think we will tackle big boy bed, which I think will go over pretty well.  When you are very ready we will try potty training.  I am just afraid of doing around the time of a new baby...so we will see. 


Your stats at your 2 year appointment were:

Weight: 28 lbs (50%)
Height: 35 in (75%)
Head: 50cm (82%)
BMI: 35th percentile


Things you love right now:
Trucks/diggers
Jumping over things with two feet
"Big" your stuffed wolf
Being outside
Playing choo choos
Curious George
Raspberries and watermelon
Tiger
Dee Dee
Singing songs with motions (itsy bitsy, row row, twinkle twinkle, etc)



You take a usually 2-2.5 hour nap at 1:00 and sleep from 8:00pm to 7:30ish in the morning.   You are still in your crib, but we plan the transition pretty soon. 


You are talking so much and its so cute!  You are saying all kinds of things lately.  A lot of "B do it" or "Go GGs house!" or "No night night mama" "Hi, B, Me 2" (thats your introduction to new friends at a playground)...or whatever else you might come up with!  We say all the time that this is just our favorite stage.  You are SOOOO sweet and loving, but full of energy and fun, too.  I might kick myself for saying this but you rarely have big tantrums anymore and are becoming a very good listener.  We still do time out for about 2 minutes and then you will always say "worry mama" and give me a hug. 


(The rubber mallet made it into the rest of the pictures...pick your battles)


You are trying a lot of new foods.  This month you happily ate green beans, broccoli, and carrots.  You love to "eat like a dinosaur" (aka ROAR with every bite). 


You love to count everything, mostly up to the number 5.  You still love to read books and will "read" them to yourself. You can climb up the stairs one foot at a time without holding on. You jump with two feet over sticks, lines, sprinkles, etc.  You LOVE to point out every color to me.  Your favorite game is "I spy."


Banks, these past two years have been so much more than we could have ever imagined.  I adore your personality and you truly made our lives so much more fun.  You are such a joy and we could never thank God enough to making you ours.  I cannot wait to see the boy and man you become, I know the Lord has big plans for you!

0 comments: