Yesterday was the big 3-0 for me! I honestly had no worries or stress about turning thirty. The Lord has blessed me richly with the most amazing family, friends, children, and the husband of my dreams! How could anyone complain?
My birthday kicked off with a trip to the spa for facials with my sister on Saturday. We then went to lunch at Everyday Gourmet and shopping. It was SUCH a fun girl day. The two of us always have multiple kids in tow so this was so different and so perfect.
On Sunday (my actual bday) I woke up to my sweet hubby bringing me a PSL from Starbucks and we then got ready for church. After church we spent a relaxing afternoon at home before we had plans to go to my parents for dinner. On the ride to my parents Richard called and asked if we could pick up Blakely. I am still SO CLUELESS because this seemed semi normal to me. Well as we drove down my sister's road I saw THIS!
The blood just drained from my face and I instantly got a knot in my stomach! I was SPEECHLESS!
With the help of my sister, mom, and Cameron, Matt pulled off a HUGE surprise for me!
Family and friends from near and far had come to celebrate with me, I have never felt more loved.
It was a fun night with food, hanging out, and of course chasing all the kids around :)
This boy adores his Pop Pop (can you tell???)
He also adores his Papa!
Yaya (formerly known as Lolly- Banks made a name change) came to celebrate, too!
Jordan and Will were in Hickory ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of my sweet niece...which could be any day!
So this requires a little explanation. Matt is 6 months younger than me..no big deal, right? I mean we graduated the same year from high school and college, so the actual "age" isn't a huge deal. Well he loves it. Starting September 21st (my birthday) it begin "cougar season" until March when he becomes the same age as me. So far 6 LONG months I have to hear about how young he is and how much of a cougar I am. So naturally Matt though it would be an appropriate theme to my party. Its a good thing I love him!
Instead of gifts, everyone was instructed to bring a little something to help me survive my old age. I got everything from denture cream, centrum silver vitamins, to estrogen cream samples (thanks to Kat my OB PA friend :)
My parents said they were going to get me a top of the line walker, but then they said I was already getting a one of a kind "Walker" in December :) I like that better!
Make a wish!
Yep, I'm a cougar.
My sweet boy!
The whole gang!
Thank you SO much for celebrating with me!
I love these people right here :)
My wonderful, creative, selfless, amazing, one of a kind, sister! This party would not have happened without you. SO SO SO blessed to have her in my life.
Best parents a girl could ask for.
So we realized that Katy Ellis is about 30 weeks old, I am about 30 weeks pregnant, and I am 30 years old! That's a lot of 30s!
Carla had the kids playing ring around the rosie and they LOVED it!
This sweet girl wanted to make me a birthday gift. Best gift I got by far!
After it was just family I opened a few gifts and put the kids to sleep.
It was SUCH a special, fun night. I still cannot believe I was so surprised. There are some good secret keepers out there! I cannot thank everyone enough for putting this together and taking the time to come celebrate. These people mean the world to me and I am so lucky to get to do life with each one of them. There is no better way to ring in thirty!











.jpg)











0 comments:
Post a Comment