It goes without saying that your sister being a pediatrician is clutch when you have kids. Not just because I can call her 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year with even the smallest issue, but because you get the BEST care there is for your babies!
I cannot tell you how many times I must have called Lauren the first month Banks was home. I was an anxious new mommy and worried over every sneeze and bump. You would think that since I am a pediatric nurse practitioner, that I would already know these things, but it was hard to separate that in my new mommy brain. Lauren patiently answered every text, phone call, and came over for every home visit I made her come to :)
Luckily this time I was 100x more laid back. Whew! But she is still there for the middle of the night ear infection, bad cough, wheezing episode, etc. I did get to pay her back when she bumped KE's head and my neurology expertise finally came into use (not really needed because she was totally fine, but I still felt useful!).
Lauren had taken a year off for an "extended maternity leave" for KE and now she is back in action! She started at her new office about a month ago and we finally got to come be a patient.
We saw her for Walker's 4 month well child visit. He LOVED Dr. Dee Dee!
"Wait, what? Dee Dee is gonna do my check up? That is fine by me! "
Heart sounds good!
Lungs...clear!
Eyes look perfect!
Reflexes...check!
He was SO happy to let her look in his ears, haha! Smiliest baby!
Am I healthy, Dee Dee?
Best patient ever, thanks for the VIP treatment!
In all seriousness, what a blessing it is to take my little ones to some one I trust loves them as her own. We are thankful that Dee Dee is super smart and well-trained and we are in very capable hands. Now when the boys become teenagers, we may have to consider switching! Having your aunt as your doctor may become less fun, haha!
We love you, Dr. Monk!
.jpg)

0 comments:
Post a Comment