Our sweet baby boy is 4 months!
You have really, really starting showing us your personality this month! You are still laid back, but we have also seen a small stubborn streak ;)
You had your 4 month appt with Dr. Dee Dee and here were your stats:
Weight: 13lbs 11 oz, 15%
Height: 25.5in, 58%
Head Circumference, 43cm 88%
So he is a string bean (just like Banks)! I am was VERY surprised he was only 15% for weight. I really expected much more like 50-60 because he looks bigger, but needless to say, he was just in the 15%.
You HATE, I repeat, HATE tummy time. You learned to roll over at 16 days because thats how much you hated it. The SECOND I put you in tummy time you flip over. I am trying to be a good mom and do tummy time, but you will not let me. Did I mention we have seen a stubborn streak? ;)
You love to smile and giggle. It is the sweetest sound in the world! You laugh at your big brother when he is doing silly things (which is always) and you laugh at mommy and daddy, too! You are also very ticklish!
You can roll front to back obviously and you will roll from your back onto your side. You have yet to roll onto your tummy and I don't think you're in a hurry because that would mean you'd be on your tummy!
Your schedule is the same. Awake at 7 and eat every 3 hours with a bedtime at 7. Breastfeeding is still going well! You're starting to be a little more distracted, but overall its good!
Nighttimes have been all over the place. We decided about a week before your turned 4 months to institute some CIO (cry it out). After a week or two of this, we decided to give it a break. You are persistent! You have slept 12 hours straight without a peep a few times, but occasionally you will wake up and fuss for 15-20 min around 3-4am. A few nights I have fed you at 5am and put you back down. See, all over the place? I just don't know that you are ready to go 12 hours without a feeding. When I am certain about that we will revisit a strict CIO. For now I am going with the flow a little more (plus CIO is really hard on mommy and she needed a break more than you). Overall you're a great sleeper and go to bed awake just fine. You usually roll around in your crib for 15-20 minutes and then fall asleep. We took away the swaddle right before your 4 month birthday. You LOVE having your hands out and usually sleep with them above your head.
You coo and goo-goo gah-gah all day. It is so sweet. You also love to "blow raspberries."
You are wearing:
Size 6 month clothes
Size 1 diapers, but we are just finishing up a box and you are moving to size 2 soon!
No shoes yet :)
You have found your feet and you love to pull them up to your face! You think its hilarious, too!
You are a little dare devil and love to "rough house" already! You are not scared of anything!
We took away swaddle at 4 months and you have LOVED the freedom. Most the time we see you completely sprawled out on the monitor. You have actually slept better without it.
You can sit unsupported for 2-3 seconds at a time. You then will slump forward.
You still like your paci, but we have taken it away for naptime and bedtime. We mainly just use it in the car, which it helps soothe you. You like paci, but I wouldn't say you love it. Nothing compared to big bro ;)
You LOVE watching your brother, its the best entertainment. You also LOVE being outside!
Happy 4 months baby boy!!! We love you so!














0 comments:
Post a Comment