Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Give Thanks!




Christmas is my all-time favorite holiday for all the obvious reasons. I just love the feeling and warmth of family and friends during that time of year. I love the undivided attention that we get to give our families for a few days to celebrate the holiday. I love all of our family traditions, fun Christmas treats, and decorating the house. Not to mention how much I LOVE Christmas music and the fact that I have no school! Well before everyone gets so busy and wrapped up in Christmas I wanted to do a few posts for thanksgiving of what I was thankful for. So my first post is going to be what I most thankful for, and that is the unbelievable love of Jesus Christ. I have been overwhelmed lately by thinking about how Christ loves ME! I know that is so simple, but it is an overwhelming thought to think that the creator of the universe hangs on my every word. I find myself thinking many times, "why me, WHY ME LORD!?! How did I get this lucky that I could have the ability to know and love you?" Living in such a lost world I am reminded how lucky I truly am that I know Him. I am thankful for His mercies, kindness, gentleness, and forgiveness. I am thankful that I can put all my hope in Him and rest in the assurance that I will spend eternity with Him. So today my simple post is thank you for loving a wretch like me!

"...And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
Ephesians 3:17-19

0 comments: