So I realized that it is June 18th and I haven't even had a post this month...woops! I thought I would have so much time during my time off, but it has been busy! I've definitely been enjoying it though. I have been all over the place during these few months and gotten to spend a lot of time with my family. We are getting so close to moving in...less than two weeks! It seems like time has seriously just flown by. I start my job in less than two weeks as well. I am going to try to squeeze in taking boards before all that, too!
A few weeks ago Lauren and I spent a week at the lake house. It was so relaxing and we really just did nothing of importance (except the weekend that my dad decided we should roof the lake house as a family...needless to say we got 1/4 of the way done and we hired some one to finish it). Our last day there we did venture of the lake house and go to a nice lunch at Cotton Grill in Lexington and do a little shopping.


If you are familiar with Lexington, Cotton Grill is in the old mill right on 12 mile creek. It is really good and quite nice. It was our first time going there and it was the perfect place for our "ladies lunch." :)
Also while we were home one of my mom's best friends celebrated her birthday and they were nice enough to invite us along :) We went to Mellow Mushroom downtown and it happened to be trivia night. Neither one of our teams won, but it was still a lot of fun!
Happy Birthday Michele!
And of course, LOTS is going on with our house! The outside is pretty much complete...now they just have to give us some grass!
We have a dishwasher and countertops
Little messy still, but we have potties and sinks! :)
They have painted and put up some baseboards and we get carpet today and hardwoods next week! Next Friday we do our final walkthrough/ orientation with our builder. I am so ready to move in its not even funny!
In the meantime we have been enjoying spending time between Jordan and Will's and Kiawah. One of the VPs at Matt's work gave him their Kiawah house for the month...how nice is that?!? But as much fun as it all has been we are ready to have our house.
Last but not least, last night we went out to dinner to one of our favorites in Charleston, J Paulz. It is a tapas and sushi place. To me, it has the best sushi in Charleston. Here we are at dinner...
One of the most fun parts about J Paulz is they have a "lounge" area where we sat where you get to sit on cushions and have curtains that you can pull around you. Kinda hard to explain, but its more fun than your average table :)
Well, that was a lot for one post! Life is kinda crazy right now, haha! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend celebrating their fathers! We sure will, we have a lot to celebrate!
1 comments:
I love the picture of you and Lauren! Such pretty girls! :)
Post a Comment