Monday, June 28, 2010

Go Braves!

Matt has always been a huge Braves fan.  He grew up watching every game and going to many, many games over his lifetime.  We have been to one Braves game before, but we hadn't been in a few years just because of all the busy schedules.  Well this weekend we got to take a little trip to Atlanta to go see them play!  Even though it was scorching hot, we had so much fun!  
  This was Will's first time to Turner Field.  He was very excited and impressed when we finally got there.  
I wish I could say who these people were in this statue behind us...but, as you can probably expect..I don't.  I don't hate sports, I actually like most of them, but as far as knowing any sports info/trivia/people...I am at a loss.  I do enjoy going to see sports in person MUCH more than I do watching them on TV, so I was excited to actually be at a Brave's game.
Here are the men with Turner Field behind them while the players are warming up.
We finally made it to our seats.  They were pretty good seats and had a great view of the field.  We stayed in them a while but it was SO hot we had to take some A/C breaks :)
This is taken right after the Braves won (and after sitting in the 100 degree sun for a few hours)!  The ninth inning was very stressful.  We were up 4-1 when we entered the 9th, but after two quick outs we walked like 7 or 8 (I am guessing here) batters and that made the scored 4-3.  I think they had to switch the pitcher three times in one inning because they kept throwing balls.   But after all that, the Braves still won so thats all that matters!  And if that wasn't enough, Chipper hit a 3-run home run in the 7th inning!  Couldn't have asked for anything more :)
We all needed to relax at the hotel that night after a long day.  We watch the (very sad) CWS game and just hung out that night.  Overall, Atlanta was SO fun and I loved getting to go see the Braves play! 

0 comments: