Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Celebrations

This weekend we took some time to celebrate our wonderful dads for father's day!  We both are so lucky to have some of the best dads there are in the world.  They both would do absolutely anything for us and have hearts of gold.  We call them "the Jeffs" because both of their names are ironically Jeff...and so is my brother's and Matt's middle name!  So there are A LOT of Jeffs in our families...I can imagine our son will have to have Jeffrey as a middle name, too...just to fit in haha!  I guess  if we only have girls, she can have it as a middle name, too...just kidding!  Anyways, it was a fun weekend getting to honor them for all the patience, kindness, and hard work they do all year long.  

We spent a good portion of the weekend at the lake house grilling out and playing.  It was a lot of fun and we even made homemade ice cream...mmmmmm!
This is Tiger and Matt jumping off the dock.  This doesn't look like much, but it has taken all last summer and half of this one to get Tiger to be able to jump off a dock.  He was so scared at first.  I wish I had a video of the first couple times he jumped in.  He looked like a 200 lb 5 year old doing a belly flop.  It was hilarious!  He is much more of a pro now. 
Tiger is obsessed with the lake....like seriously the moment we get there he runs full speed straight into the water.  We spend the whole weekend throwing that stupid stick into the water because he literally will swim ALL day long.  
I will have to admit that my mom is Tiger's best friend when she is around.  She plays with him the ENTIRE time he is at her house.  He knows when he sees her its like playtime, haha.  She is the one that is up a 6 am every Saturday morning throwing stick.  
Making homemade ice cream...yummy!

Here are the men grilling our steaks

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

We celebrated with Matt's dad the next day with a "burger bar."  It was pretty ridiculous amount of toppings to go on burgers!  Definitely a "man's meal!"
This is Matt's crazy burger...I think it has bleu cheese, bacon, avacado, cheddar cheese, ranch, tomato, mayo, and probably more...haha!  I am sure it was good, though! 

We had a great time celebrating the dads!  Hope you all had a great Father's day, too!

0 comments: