Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Banks' Dedication

On Sunday, Mother's day, we dedicated Banks at church.  It was such a wonderful day from beginning to end! 


I couldn't imagine a more special way to spend my first mother's day.





Lauren and Richard were our sponsor couple that represented the church body.  


Of course right when Buster, our pastor, picked him up he began kicking his little legs like crazy and smiling so big! 


Everyone laughed at his little personality!



Aunt Jordan and Uncle Will came to celebrate the little guy



We had a casual lunch afterwards for friends and family to celebrate the big day. 




It was an absolutely beautiful day and we could not have asked for better weather. 


Lolly and Banks 


Lauren, Holly, and Mandy 


Such sweet girls to come celebrate this big day with us




Matt was of course our grill master! 





Lunch consisted of hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, fruit, and broccoli salad...it was all delicious :)



Best sponsors ever ;)


Banks and his great grandparents







How I love being his mama!





Banks got a few sweet gifts including a few children's Bibles for him to begin learning from :)



Blakely wanted to play cornhole, too


Or just run around with bean bags...






Such a special day with so much meaning.  We were so thankful to be surrounded by our closest friends and family on this day.  We are thankful for each one of them that have poured their lives into us and into Banks. Our prayer will always be that Banks knows Jesus, and not just knows him but trusts, loves, and knows Him intimately.  I also pray that as he grows up he is surrounded by friends and family that encourage him toward the Lord.  I am so thankful that I have always had that and I could not want anything more for Banks. 

Start children off the way they should go
and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

2 comments:

Cameron said...

such a special day celebrating banks, you as a mommy, and your own mom! love it!!!

Rebecca said...

He is so cute. :-) Hope your Mother's Day was wonderfully special!

Love reading your blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award if you're interested in playing along! :-)

http://thebrooksboard.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award-nomination.html