Tuesday, October 14, 2014

SC State Fair

This past weekend we took Banks to the SC State Fair for the first time.  We were there with every redneck in SC, but it was so much fun!
 
 
Banks was RIGHT under 36"...which seemed to be the cut off for most rides.  I am talking a few hairs away from being 36"!   Its ok though, we found a few that he could ride and hr had a BLAST.  He LOVED riding in the cars and was so proud and independent going 'round and 'round.  Every time he would pass us he would say "hi mama!!! hi dada!!!"


 
Banks rode the "choo choo" with daddy, too!


 
His favorite ride though was the caterpillar roller coaster. I have to admit it goes pretty fast and has one big drop.  Made me nervous that he wouldn't like it, but you I was wrong, he LOVED it.  He can sometimes be a little dare devil :)
 
So funny story, you had to be 36" even to ride with an adult on the roller coaster.  So when we went to measure matt practically held him up to make him the right height.  The carney said "you know you can't hold your son up to be 36", right?"  Matt just shrugged and the guy let them sneak by anyways, score!
 

I always love the exhibits, they are so fun!  Banks loved all the tractors and farm exhibits. 

 
Making it "rain."


Petting a cow in the livestock exhibits 

 
I guess everyone has a favorite fair food...mine is definitely mini donuts, and it has to be cinnamon sugar!  I blame it on Walker ;)

 
The fair was definitely a hit with our little boy.  He kept saying "more rides, mama!"
 
These "firsts" are all fun, no matter how redneck-y they might be !

0 comments: