Well its been a few weeks since my fingers have graced this keyboard, its been a crazy few weeks! With a new baby, the holidays, and a busy 2 year old, I have had trouble finding time (and energy) to get back to blogging. Anyways, I will start with the most important thing, Walker's birth story.
It all started around 2:30am the morning of December 14th. Matt and I had gone out on a date the night before (dinner at Old Mill Brew Pub) and my parents had a slumber party with all the grandkids. This ended up being perfect because we didn't have to worry about what to do with Banks when I went into labor. I woke up with a sharp pain and I thought to myself maybe this was a contraction. I had had a lot of Braxton Hicks on and off for a while so I was not very optimistic that this was the real thing. I waited and timed my contractions for about 30 minutes (which I had about 3) before waking Matt up. Of course right when I told Matt he sprung into action! We continued to time my contractions and within the hour they were about 5-6 min apart. At this point I called the OB on call and they said to head to the hospital. We called family and let them know what was going on, grabbed our bags, and then jumped in the car. The contractions were very painful at this point!
We arrived to Lexington Medical around 4am. I went straight to the triage room to get checked and see if we were going to be admitted. When she checked me I was at 3cm and contractions were about 6 min apart. The nurse then told me that I could go home! Well I was already in so much pain, I asked her how would we know when to come back? She said when I couldn't talk through contractions, I told her I was well beyond that! She was lacking in the personality department if you know what I mean...so she said that I guess I could stay and "walk around" for a while. Well after about 20 min of walking and contractions getting very close together (2 or so min) I went back to the nurse and said I couldn't take it anymore. She checked me again and was very surprised that I was already a 5-6cm. Obviously at this point they admitted me, but they also gave me a dose of demerol and phenergan in my IV....and holy pain medication! As it was being pushed through the IV the room started spinning and I immediately felt tired. I have taken one dose of hydrocodone once in my life after getting my wisdom teeth out and that is it for pain meds. This took me DOWN. I fell asleep almost immediately and per Matt was talking a little crazy to the nurses :) After I was admitted I went ahead and got an epidural and then literally fell asleep for the next few hours. It was the BEST sleep ever...is that weird? I remember feeling bad for sleeping because I was missing my labor, but then I remembered I won't be sleeping for the next 3 months, so I indulged. They woke me up a few hours later to check me and I was a 9. I remember how terrible 6 to 9 was with Banks...and this time I slept through it! Amazing is the only word to describe it and I am simply unashamed it was so easy. I went back to sleep and an hour later they checked and I was a 10 and ready to push. The nurse came in and I pushed with two contractions and she went quickly to get the doctor because I was getting very close! I pushed with two more contractions, probably total I pushed 15-20 minutes and then he was HERE! It was so amazing and I didn't feel a thing, what a blessing! He came out with a big, hearty cry and all I could think was he looked just like his brother. He was so perfect and I was instantly filled with love for him. My heart grew instantly. His apgars were 8 and 9 and the nurse said he looked big. I was a little scared of how much he would weigh, but he was just 8lbs 4oz...and perfect!
He nursed great right from the start, latching right on...unlike his big brother who didn't nurse for 24 hours! We snuggled for a few minutes and then we asked if family could come back. The first people I wanted to see were my parents. My mom was in the delivery room with Banks, but this time we opted for just Matt and I...part of the reason was due to the next part of the story. We had a special surprise for my parents, more on that to come!
Overall the Lord could not have given me a better, less stressful delivery. Never once did they have any issues with Walker decel-ing or anything. I am so, so thankful! It was overall a really enjoyable day...which is just crazy to me. There is nothing like holding your baby in your arms for the first time and knowing he is yours forever. Thank you Jesus for the blessing of getting to be the mommy of these two amazing little boys, I am forever humbled and grateful.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
2 weeks ago







1 comments:
I read this through teary eyes. So sweet!
Post a Comment