Sunday, September 6, 2015

Banks' Dino Pool Party

As I'm sure you have gathered, Banks has a slight obsession with dinosaurs right now.  He loves anything that has to do with dinosaurs and I have more dinosaur figurines in my house than any one family ever should.  I can also pronounce and recognize more dinosaurs than an amateur paleontologist.  So obviously for his birthday party we didn't even have to think about what theme he was going to have.  It was a dino pool party! 



My  mom helped with all the cute decorations including these adorable cupcake holders. 


She also made our dino watermelon! 





It was on or off for rain all day so we had some activities for the kids incase it was a downpour and the pool wasn't an option. 




"Banks is DINO-MITE!"


Dino feet leading into the party!


We had the party at the pool/clubhouse in Matt's dads neighborhood, it ended up being perfect because it did rain some so we had a place to go! 



Banks and Hyatt swam together the whole time, of course.  These two are just two little besties when they get together.  They cannot handle their excitement and play HARD together!  We love our Hyatt! 



So glad Nana and Gramps got to come!



Papa and cousin Eleanor


I just love to see him playing with his friends :)


Photobomb by Matt




How old are you Banks? 


THREE!



Blakely decorated a T Rex at the "dino dot" station


Making dino headbands


Notice their dino headbands?  It was quite the hit and the perfect rainy activity. It is super helpful for your mother to be a kindergarten teacher.  She has all these great ideas just tucked into her brain for a "rainy day"...which was literal this time! 


The birthday boy enjoying his pizza and watermelon 



Kid table!


When everyone sung Banks happy birthday it was one of the sweetest moments.  If I had been smart I would have gotten a video, I could kick myself.  But he just grinned and smiled the whole time.  He knew that it was his birthday and everyone was singing him happy bday.  


He was so cute and excited the whole time. 


Blowing out his candle on his "tup take!"



Blakey helped him blow out his candle and made sure he didn't have the spot light for too long ;) 




Debra Dele and Mccoy! 


Can you see the downpour in the background?  



Glad these crazy people are MINE! ;)


Little KK making her headband! She won't be left out. 






The rain honestly did not slow down the party, we had a great time regardless. Everyone got about an hours worth of swimming in before it began to rain.  It was perfect. 



Most of the kids!  Missing the three littlest....Walker, McCoy and Eleanor. 


These two.  I could eat them up. 


These three go to church together and spend each Sunday in nursery together.  So fun to watch Banks develop friendships with these sweet friends. 


John Thompson, Banks, and Hyatt


I promise Piper (despite that serious face!) had a blast! 


After everyone left Banks opened a few family presents (we didn't do presents at the party). 


Of course he got some Dinos...he was in heaven. When he opened this present (which was a Thomas the Train dinosaur toy) he said "Oh My Dosh!"  I mean, where does he get this stuff, haha!?


We had such a great party and I think Banks did too!  He has talked about his "dino pool party" for the past week.  So much fun! Happy THIRD birthday big boy!

1 comments:

Courtney Wallace Frick said...

Banks looks like such a sweet boy, good job mama! I love the family picture, such a cute party!