Wednesday, November 14, 2018

LA

 
Well this summer I got a call from a talent scout (this is a real story..haha) asking if I would consider interviewing for a commercial for weight watchers.  What?!  Well my initial reaction was NO WAY.  I was way too scared, but after some pep talks with my sister and mom I decided to at least hear them out.  I skyped with an agent (which was a whole experience in and of itself.  I will spare the details, but it did entail them putting on some music for me to dance.  My go-to was to finger point like a loser).  Anyways they called me on Tuesday and asked if I could fly to LA that Saturday.  EXCUSE ME!?! Apparently, this is a normal time line for them, who knew, haha.  Well I said no, but again my mom and sister said YOU HAVE TO DO THIS.  My sister in her amazingness booked a flight right along with me so that I didn't have to go alone.  Shes a Godsend.  So is my mom for holding down the kiddo fort! I would never have done it without them.
 
 
VERY early and off to LA!!!!!!


 
We made it!  One of our first adventures was the santa monica pier!


We rode bikes all over santa monica

 
Holly wood!

 
Best avocado toast of life!

 
 
Met up with our friend Rachel for dinner!

 
Shake shake is LEGIT






Wax museum was a blast! Hey Taylor!





 
Holly wood sign!

 
 
The day before the commercial I had to go wardrobe.  So many weird experiences in California.  The people are so different. "Wardrobe" was interesting...it smelled like Goodwill and didn't look much better.  "Olive" my wardrobe consultant was also interesting... she wore camo crocs with socks.  True story. Thank goodness I brought along my suitcase bc I ended up wearing my own dress from Loft. Whew!
 
 
Commerical day is here! Here I am in Make UP!

 
 
Here I am on set! Lauren got be an "extra" in the commercial.  Overall it was QUITE an amazing once in a life time experience.  Lauren and I will tell the stories from California and our commercial until we are old and gray.  I am so thankful she was with me and I am so thankful for the whole experience. Oh and my commercial aired on national TV all summer! 

 
 
 
 
Here is the beginning clip of commercial.  You see Lauren?  SUPER STAR!!!

0 comments: