As my last few days of freedom wind down (I realize that my break was super long and I shouldn't complain haha) we tried to cram in a few fun things. On Thursday night we headed over to Ben and Christy's to watch the BCS national championship. Although almost everyone there (ahem, Ryan..) was cheering for Texas, we could not pull them though. My favorite comment was when asked who everyone was cheering for, Anna immediately answers, "Texas!" This was obviously a surprise to Ryan, so inquired why, to which her answer was, "duh, Matthew McConaughey." Haha! Well of course thats how women pick their football teams :)
Look at this picture of the boys super-serious/sad faces as Alabama rolls over Texas.... except for Ryan's slight smirk that he is sporting....haha

On Saturday we went and saw Avatar in 3D at the Imax. It was surprisingly awesome! I had no idea of what to expect because I had honestly not seen even a preview. Such movie is not usually my cup of tea, but it was very entertaining and the graphics were amazing. I would definitely recommend going to see it in 3D before it leaves theaters because I don't think it would have been half as good on a regular TV at home. Here are some pics in our super-cool 3D glasses.
It felt pretty good to get to come home and check off one of my 20 movies on my list. Not only did I get to check off Avatar, but we also squeezed in a viewing of Shawshank Redemption, too. Which I thought was good, although I am confused why is it the "greatest movie of all time." I know plenty would beg to differ with me, but I told you I had bad taste in movies :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment