Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stranded...

As of Monday I will have been without a car for TWO weeks!  You never really think about how much you depend on the freedom of coming and going as you please until you don't have it!  I have had to borrow cars, rides, and even walk!  Luckily I have had some awesome friends and family to step in and let me borrow their car, so we were very fortunate in that aspect.  My car had some minor flooding...thank you Charleston...and had to get all new carpets, flood mats, etc.  All the time I had my small Honda in Charleston I never had any issues, but the second a I finally get an SUV!   The good thing is that Allstate is paying for it, so I am trying to be patient.  Keep your fingers crossed that I will get it back soon, don't know how much longer I can make it!

Just when I started to feel really sorry for myself because I didn't have my SUV for two weeks, God snapped me back to reality while I watched the devastation in Haiti.  The people in Haiti had hardly anything to begin with and now their world has been destroyed.  All the mothers who don't know where to take their children and the children that may not have mothers anymore...just breaks my heart. I visited Haiti last summer and it is a beautiful, but so very poor country.  It would be scary if something like this happened to America, but a country like Haiti doesn't have the resources to handle this.  I am praying for all the people that are "stranded" under the rubble that they may be found and if not they would feel God's peace in this terrifying time.  Please join me in praying for the Haitian people, the disaster relief workers, and any other people involved!

"Though the mountains be shaken, and the hills be removed, 
Yet my unfailing love for you will not be shake 
nor my covenant of peace be removed, say the Lord,
who has compassion on you."
                     -Isaiah 54:10

0 comments: