I just realized that I have been a full time student since I was four..which means I have been a student for TWENTY ONE years! That is a long time. I think that means I am up for retirement from my first and only career as a student and I am ready to move on. It is kinda scary to leave all that you have known and move onto a brand new phase of life. I have mastered the whole student thing- I am like a professional student. School is almost weirdly comforting to me because it has been my whole life pretty much. I am finally getting that anxious feeling of being ready to move on and conquer the working world :) Yesterday I made giant to-do list of everything that stands before me and graduation. Although there were some big obstacles on there (including one more 10-12 page paper I need to be writing right now), it didn't seem too overwhelming and I feel like I might actually do this!
So my cap, gown, and hood have all arrived and are set and ready for graduation, my to-do list is made, and interviews are planned...things are lining up. It will be nice to actually get paid for seeing patients instead of paying MUSC to have the "privilege" of doing so. The lack of motivation for my to-do list is the only issue. I can't seem to actually sit down and make the final push to knock it out. It will get done, it always does, but I need a little extra motivation for these last few items. So I guess I will find some motivating music or something and get it done. Once this paper is done I just basically have one giant exam (on everything covered in grad school...sigh...) and I am DONE. That exam is April 22 and after that I am a free woman! That is only 21 days...or three weeks and I am finished. Surreal? Yes. Exciting? Very! Scary? Afraid so.
Sorry this post was pretty much just a ramble of what is going on in my head, but hey it put off writing that paper for just a few minutes so it was worth it!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
4 weeks ago

1 comments:
Oh Alyssa! It's been a long, but wonderful ride to get where you are!
However, you've only just begun, girlfriend! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you next! I have no doubt that you will have a job lined up very shortly. Believe it or not, you will actually love working($$$$$) and not having to constantly study and write those papers!
Know that Tom and I are so very proud of all you have accomplished!
Now you can sit back and enjoy watching Cam sweating grad school for the next few years!!!
Hope to see you soon!
LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment