Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Weekend/House Progress

Last Thursday I traveled with my mom down to Atlanta to get my grandmother who had been staying with her niece.  On the way you know we had to do some shopping!  If you know us, you know that we are BIG fans of Pottery Barn, so if we are going by (or within 30 miles of) a Pottery Barn Outlet (affectionately known at PBO) we HAVE to stop.  So we took a little detour and stopped by the one that is right outside of ATL.  After five minutes of being there I went ahead and told my dad to go ahead and go rent this...

I ended up finding a couch, a super cute chair, a coffee table, two lamps, and two end tables.  All for our new family room in our new house!   There was so much more I could have bought, but I had to reign myself in!  I am so excited to get into our house and see how it all looks.  Here is a picture of the inside of our U-Haul-
After we came back from Atlanta we stayed in Lexington to hang out with my grandmother and play on the lake.  The water was a little cold, but it didn't stop me from begging Lauren to ride Super Mable.   I made a promise to her that she wouldn't fall in the water and that is would be a nice, slow ride.  Well that was before Richard decided to ride too.
Here we are riding nice and easy...until Richard does a front flip and sends Super Mable nose-diving into the water and drowns us.  I held on, but Lauren on the other hand...


Went swimming in the 50 degree water...she was not happy.

But she was a trooper and hopped back on and finished the ride!
Until she fell off again.
Grandma enjoyed the boat ride :)

When we got back on Sunday we went by the house to see the progress, and we got a pleasant surprise.  They framed the house!

This a view of our master bedroom and bathroom
All the windows haven't been cut out yet and some of the wood looks a little crazy, but its coming along!  I stopped by again yesterday and all the windows were cut out and the roof had been started.   I can't believe its actually starting to look like a house! Closing date: June 30th!

4 comments:

Cameron said...

looks awesome! can't wait to see it when it's all done!
love you!

A Butta Way to Cook said...

So exciting Alyssa! I love the green lamps!!! Hope that I will be able to come and stay once it is all done.
love - meredith :)

Debra Dele said...

Poor Lauren! I'm with her! I like to tube, but do NOT want to get thrown off! I'm sure that has something to do with the infamous bathing suit wedgie that you get falling off on those things! The house is looking good! Is it crazy to see the walls up? I'm sure it's easier to start picturing living there now that it's actually looking like a house! Can't wait to see it!

Leigh Anne said...

The house is really coming along! I know you guys are so excited! I am so proud of the two of you and can't wait to see it in person! Love you and hope to see you soon. Love Mom C