Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Movin' on Up...

It seems like we have been waiting for years to finally get to do this.  We have planned it a hundred times in our heads.  We have dreamed of when and what it would look like...and its finally here!  Matt and I are buying a house!!!  We are beyond excited!  It is in Carolina Bay which is in West Ashley.  It is a new construction so it won't be complete until very late June (just in time for our free tax money).  
Here we are signing our life away :)  I was REALLY nervous and scared.  I don't know why...I had just never spent that kind of money before.  I know technically we didn't spend the money that day that we signed the contract, but it was still pretty scary.   I am so indecisive that it only made it worse.  After much prayer about it, I know now that I am 100% sure we did the right thing and I am SOOO excited about our house.

My amazing mom...uh, I mean realtor!  It made the experience 100 times better having my mom be there and know everything to ask and double check for us.  
SO MUCH TO SIGN!

Placing our sold sign on our lot :)
We went back and visited (like we will do 100x) about 2 weeks later and they had some progress!  That is all our plumbing.  This is the view from the back of the house to the road.  To the right is the kitchen, breakfast room, and dining room.  To the left is the master suite, master bath, half bath, laundry room, then the garage is in front of all that.  It looks so much smaller before all the rooms were divided up.  
There is Matt in his garage :)
Another day...still posing with our sold sign haha!  The house will probably take over this blog :)  I am going to document every little stage in the process and cant wait!  It will be mostly for our own benefit to have a record of it all.  So now we are just on the countdown of moving out of our apartment and waiting for our house to be built.  God is good and we don't for a second take for granted all that he does for us.  Our prayer is that this is house that will glorify God and be a refuge to people in need...overall we pray that we use this house to further serve HIM and His kingdom. 

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

3 comments:

KATY CLARK said...

CONGRATULATIONS ALYSSA AND MATT!

Living the Long Life... said...

CONGRATS to you both! How exciting! I LOVE West Ashley and it was by far my favorite area to live in while in Charleston! Is this subdivision with all the ones across from the new Wal-mart? We lived in that area right before moving here and it was growing like crazy! I can't wait to "see" the progress!

Debra Dele said...

Congrats Alyssa! Such exciting news! I know it's nerve wrecking at first, but I promise it gets better. I might have needed your mama with me when I bought my house! I was so overwhelmed! Can't wait to see it built! :)