After I finished my last day of work last week, I headed back to Lexington to meet up with my parents and grandma and we headed back to Atlanta to drop her off at the airport. We actually dropped her off at her niece's house and she was going to take her in the morning. Well, right next to her niece's house was the "Dwarf House" which if you don't already know, its the very first chick-fil-a. There is a whole story about why it is called the Dwarf House which can be found here if you are interested. It is a tradition to walk through the little dwarf door, so I did of course :) As far as the food, they serve regular chick-fil-a plus some additional options like chicken pot-pie, stir fry, etc. It is a sit-down restaurant with a waitress, so its a little different. I got the stir-fry, it was pretty good, but to be honest I missed my normal chick-fil-a.
Here is my mom and I with my grandma. It was a little more chilly than we expected when we got there. So if we look like we are freezing, we were!
After we dropped off my grandmother we of course went shopping. I had never been to IKEA and thought since we were so close we should check it out. It is seriously out of control...it is HUGE! It was like disney world for furniture. They had a whole food court, a playground and nanny service for children, and they even had to have arrows on the ground to just find your way around! I think it was a little overwhelming because we barely bought anything. I bought a little rack that goes above our desk and my mom bought napkins...not too exciting.
I think the best idea is to come with specific things in mind when you come, otherwise you can get overwhelmed very easily! We spent the night in Atlanta and went to pottery barn again the next day. I just got a rug and a few accessories this time, so no need for another U Haul, haha.
The next day we came back to Lexington and it was Matt's dad's retirement party. It was such a wonderful event and I am so thankful that we were able to attend. So many people had the most wonderful things to say about him and it was so great to here. He truly made an impact on every employee that was under him...big and small positions. The stories that were told about how he had touched their lives made me so proud to call him my father-in-law. He left a legacy like no other at his job...I hope I can say that one day.
Matt made a good point after the whole event. After we had listened to person after person talk about what a great man he was and what a difference he made in their lives, we realized that no one talked about his actual job. Although he was great at what he did and I am sure made a great impact on his job, it was his character that everyone talked about. They talked about how he was there for him and how he truly cared about everyone. Matt and I learned many lessons that day about the person we want to be.
After his party we spent the rest of the weekend hanging out on the lake and being with our parents. Ryan even came down with a few friends after exams and we hung out with them at the lake house Saturday night. It was a long, but fun and relaxing weekend. This is Tiger on his favorite spot on the boat! Hopefully life will slow down a little bit and I will be a better blogger :) I feel like I have tons to blog about and have to jam it all into one big post- I will do better, haha! I am gonna go check out our house progress today so I will post new pictures soon!

1 comments:
i LOVED the drawf house! it's SO cute :)
Post a Comment