We have been very busy this weekend, not fun stuff, but busy none-the-less. We have started the huge chore of packing up our apartment and putting it all into storage. I thought that we really didn't have that much stuff...boy was I wrong. I guess you always underestimate it. My first chore was to clean out my closet. I have needed to do this for a while, but never got around to it. I have so many clothes that I just don't wear anymore and I needed to take them to Goodwill. Have you all ever seen those shows on TLC or other channels about "hoarders?" If you haven't they are totally disgusting and have bedrooms that looks like this...
I think it was 7 bags total to take to Goodwill...so MUCH progress! It does feel good and so much lighter to have purged my closet of all the unwanted items. So, that was our weekend...packing, moving, more packing, trips to the storage unit, trips to Goodwill, more packing, etc. We took a break to go to church on Sunday and got to go to our new Sunday School class. We moved up from the newlyweds class to the "young married" class. It was really fun, its just a little weird to have pregnant women, couples with their newborn in class, or couples that have to leave early to run to the nursery in your class. It is fun, but a big change from the newlyweds. We are going through First John and its been great so far.
We didn't get to spend our mother's day with our moms this weekend, but they were here with us in spirit. We hope that they had a wonderful mother's day, they deserve it! Our preacher went around telling all the young couples without children yesterday "happy future mother's day," isn't that sweet? (Kinda took a lot of women off-guard haha) So hope all the mothers (and future mothers) out there had a wonderful mother's day!


0 comments:
Post a Comment