Monday, November 29, 2010

A Family Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful this year.  As I had mentioned, Matt and I hosted and we had my parents, my brother, Matt's dad, Jordan and Will, Richard and Lauren, Richard's parents, and Richard's brother!  It was so much fun and everyone had a great time, I think. 
The best part of Thanksgiving is watching the parade will cooking the meal. 

Table #1 in the dining room

This is table #2 in the kitchen

Matt had seen this crazy recipe on TV for chicken fried bacon...gross, I know.  We he insisted (after a pretty good fight from me) that he had to make this on Thanksgiving.  I finally gave in and said if you do, you had to do it outside!  So he did, he made fried bacon.  You basically batter the bacon and drop it in a big pot of oil, as if bacon needs more oil.  It was disgusting...but I'm not going to lie, slightly good. 

It was so warm, we were able to enjoy some cornhole!

Here is Matt frying one of our turkeys.  We also had a baked turkey for those who don't like it fried. 

Tober kids :)

Tiger loves him Aunt Lauren and Uncle Richard

Now thats a turkey!

All the cooks- my mom, me, Jordan, Richard's mother Miss Anne Marie, and Lauren

We had SO much food...it was all delicious!  I absolutely loved hosting it at my house- now I appreciate all the hard work my mom has put in for the past 25 years hosting Thanksgiving.  It had been a while since we had big, family thanksgiving since all our extended family lives out of state, so it was really nice. I have so much to be thankful for this year- wonderful husband, wonderful family, a wonderful new home, and a wonderful job.  Mostly importantly an amazing God that has given us more than we deserve, I am so thankful to be called His. 

0 comments: