Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Low Key Weekend

This weekend I kept it simple and low key. I started out the weekend with pedicures with Lauren.  Such a treat and so fun to get pampered!  Lauren took me to a new place I had never been before and they did a great job, I will definitely be back.


Then on Friday night Matt and I babysat for friends of ours that have a 6 month old so that they could have a date night.  It was so much fun and he is SUCH a cutie!



On Saturday I spent the day with Lauren looking at and going to every baby store in Charleston.  We looked at clothes, cribs, gliders, fabrics, etc. Although we didn't buy much, it was still fun to look and see whats out there.


On Saturday night we rented "Just Go With It."  It was pretty cute and worth one watch, not something I am dying to see again.  

Sunday we got up and went to church, ate lunch out with some friends, then came home and relaxed/went to the gym that afternoon.  We have really been trying this summer to say "no" to more things this summer so that we don't spend every single one of our weekends in the car and traveling.  Although we have missed some weddings, showers, etc, I think that it is important to prioritize and spend time at home. Does anyone else our age agree?  Do you feel like you get invited to a million things?  I wish I could go to all of them, its just that Charleston is in a hole and if you go anywhere its at least 2 hours away... I sort of feel bad because I do miss things, but I feel that its kinda necessary...I hope some one agrees with me :)

0 comments: