As I get a little bit older I realize that there are so many stages or "seasons" of life. Luckily throughout each stage I have really learned to appreciate it and enjoy that moment for what it is. It is almost easier to enjoy the stage that you're in if you don't know the fun/joy/excitement of the next stage because you haven't experienced it yet. This mainly applies to middle school and high school...in which I loved both. Most people look back and say they would never want to go back, in which I fully agree, but in the moment I loved every second and couldn't imagine how the next "stage" would be any better. Well of course then you go to college and get to spend an incredible four years developing life-long, deep friendships and all while having little responsibilities and the time of your life. You then can look back and say that college was infinitely better than high school, but you just never knew it. Well the stages after college have been wonderful in their own way, but different than the previous. Grad school/engagement/first years of marriage then moving on to our first years in careers...challenging years, but nonetheless ones I will never forget and some that hold very precious memories I will hold onto forever. Throughout all the "stages" in my life I have been very blessed with true friendships, something I do not take for granted anymore. All this reflecting and sappy talk comes because in the past couple weeks we had to say good bye to some dear friends that have moved onto the next "season" in their life. When we moved to Charleston, Matt and I prayed fervently that God would bring us friends. Seems so silly after just leaving college and having a plethora of friends to choose from at any given time. I know that many of you that have gone through that transition can understand where I am coming from. When we moved we felt like everyone we met already "had their friends" and didn't need anymore. That is where we were dead wrong. The more we thought that, the more we could not have been more wrong. Long story short, after a perfectly-timed "new member class" at church with the Reese's we formed a Bible study that would grow into some of our best friends. These friends have been our support, fun, and life line here in Charleston ever since that day. So thankful that our God is so caring, compassionate, and giving...he answered our prayer in a mighty way. The funniest day was when we all realized we were praying the exact same prayer...God's funny like that :)
Over the past couple of weeks we had to say good bye to some friends that are off on their next adventure. The Finleys are headed to Greenville for his residency in orthopedic surgery and the Arehearts are off to Colorado for a general dentistry residency. We are very excited for them, but are definitely sad to see them go. Most of all just thankful to spend this season of life with them.
At the farewell party for the Arehearts (Emma and Stephen at this point had already moved to Gville)
All the girls together celebrating Becca's wedding
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1


4 comments:
What a precious post, Lyssy!
Yes, God does provide for us in all seasons of life. What special friends you have made and will continue to make!
So happy He provided YOU for my CamCam beginning early in life! I have a feeling you two will be together through ALL seasons!!!
Love and miss you!
I like this.....I am so happy you and Matt have made so many wonderful friends! :)
Very true Miss Tricia...hasn't been a season without my CamCam...dont know what I would do without that one!!!
Your post was so sweet it made me cry.... either that or it was the pregnancy hormones. I am so glad that we get to share every "season" of our lives together, because you are my best friend. Love you, Lyssa!!
Post a Comment