Friday, November 4, 2011

50mm

As I mentioned before, Matt got me a new lens for my birthday!  I had done a good bit of research and talked to several people about what kind of lens I should get next. I finally decided on a 50mm or "Prime" lens.  I am SO happy with my choice...now I just have to continue to play with it and figure it out.
My new toy!
For those of you who aren't familiar with cameras, lens, etc. (ahem...myself, haha) the idea behind this lens is that it lets in a lot more light and you can make you aperture lower than you can with a standard lens.  The lower the aperture the more clear your picture is in the foreground and the blurrier the background is...see how Tiger looks in these pics? 
Tiger is always my favorite subject :)  These were taken the day I got the lens and I was testing it out. 
It also does a pretty good job of taking action shots...check out those ups!

One last shot of some tomaters (as my grandma calls them). I have been trying to read more tutorials and learn as much as I can so I can get the most out of my new toy.  It can be very overwhelming to try to learn this stuff on my own.  I am thinking about taking a class or two...who knows!  Overall for the amount of money, this lens was well worth it!

2 comments:

Living the Long Life... said...

I have been looking at this lens! Your pictures look nice! Which one did you get, the 1.2, 1.4, or 1.8? If you don't mind me asking! This lens will be perfext for taking shots of that new bundle of joy!

Alyssa said...

I got the 1.8...hope youre doing well!