Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Baby Update: 28 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 28 Weeks

Size of the baby? 16 inches and 2.5 lbs, the size of a Chinese cabbage 

Maternity Clothes? Most definitely.  At this point I am getting a little sick of the ones I have, but I am not really into buying any new ones.  I guess I will have to tough it out for 12 more weeks. 

Gender? Sweet baby boy!

Movement? I feel like each week his movements are getting much, much stronger.  Some of his kicks are so strong they actually hurt a little bit. He moves all the time and Matt and I love to watch him move my stomach all around. 

Sleep?  I dare say that sleep has gotten a little bit better in the past week.  I have found a way to comfortably sleep on my side (it requires no less than three pillows and the wedge) and can stay that way most of the night.  Matt is also appreciative that I am not flopping all over him :)

Cravings? Fruit- watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple...mmm! Also been craving Greek yogurt and ice cream.  A few weeks ago I was really wanting Groucho's so Matt and I went and both got dippers...with lunch meat!  I mean they heat it until steaming, so that's ok right?  It doesn't already qualify me as a bad mom?

Symptoms?  Lots of round ligament pain, a little hip pain, foot pain, etc.  Matt did treat me to a wonderful 60 minute prenatal massage last Friday, which was amazing!

What I miss?  Not being out of breath when I climb a flight of stairs, being able to really exercise, and caffeine!  

Milestones? Made it to the THIRD trimester!  Time is seriously FLYING!  I cannot believe that we are in our final trimester and headed towards the finish line.  

What I am nervous about? Matt and I had a big discussion about labor last night, in all the excitement about him coming you almost forget that that is what is waiting between you and him...eek! Kinda scary!

What I'm excited about? Excited about being in the final trimester...feels like a big accomplishment! I am also VERY excited because I am going this weekend to Kathryn's baby shower for baby Wilson! I can't wait to see her and as a bonus I am riding up with Cameron to the shower!  Two of my very favorites in one weekend, what could be better!?!?

0 comments: