Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Update: 27 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights from this week:

How far along? 27 Weeks

Size of the baby? 14.5 inches and weighs almost 2 pounds, the size of a large cauliflower. I read also that my uterus is the size of a basketball...I can't argue with that, it feels like it!  I feel like my stomach is just growing like crazy!

Maternity Clothes? Most definitely.  Everyone once in a while something non-maternity, but my shirts are just too short and look ridiculous. 

Gender? Boy :)

Movement? Banks is a mover...he moves all the time.  My OB says he sleeps around 16 hours a day, but I don't know when he could fit all that in...he is moving 24/7!  When I randomly wake up in the middle of the night, guess who is kicking away?  You can see most kicks now when you look at my stomach, some are huge!  The other day I can tell he was on the right side of my stomach because I was so lop-sided...so weird!

Sleep?  Sleep is not fun...I actually dread it.  I literally wake up at least once an hour and don't know why.  I am doing better sleeping on my sides, I just can't stay asleep!

Cravings? Not really craving anything specific, I am still just really hungry all the time.  If I try to go 5 or 6 hours without eating I get weak and shaky. Snacks are essential :)

Symptoms?  Lots of round ligament pain, overall starting to feel uncomfortable, heartburn, occasional back pain

What I miss?  A good night's sleep (I know this is a thing of my past, too...because once he gets here it only gets worse!).  I should have savored those last couple of nights where I could sleep through the night, if only I had known. 

Milestones? Seeing him wiggle and move from the outside of my tummy...Matt loves to watch, too!

What I am nervous about? How I am supposed to grow another 13 weeks!

What I'm excited about? Still just excited about everything!  We are signing up for our "Baby Boot Camp" class at the hospital soon.  I feel like those classes are just a right of passage :)

So here we are at 27 weeks....no doubt that this girl is PREG-GO!


Sorry about the flash in the pictures!


We are still so grateful for this little miracle!  Thank you Lord for your blessings!

0 comments: