How far along? 30 Weeks!
Size of the baby? 17 inches, 3.1 lbs (depends on the source, this is from the "What to Expect" app on my phone)
Maternity Clothes? Yep...pretty much everything minus a few dresses.
Gender? Boy- Banks Matthew Cogdill
Movement? Lots of movement going on. I have been trying to do my "kick counts," but I always forget...oops!
Sleep? Still doing pretty good. The only thing is I have to have the A/C very low to sleep or else I get super hot.
Symptoms? Still so, so HOT. Yesterday we had a random "chill" come through Charleston and it was 70 degrees for my walk to the parking garage... A-MAZING. My walk to the parking garage has been getting harder and harder. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes (its 6 or 7 blocks I think), but now it is more like 15-20 minutes. It is the only part I dread about my day. It is not going to be fun in July and August :(
What I miss? My wedding rings- they had to go this week. I had a few days where I had trouble getting them off and it really freaked me out. It was like my finger was claustrophobic, haha. I could probably get them back on, but I have a fear that I will have to end up cutting them off and that would not be good. So...what did I do? Well Matt didn't like the idea of me going around without any bling on the left finger all knocked up and all. Sooo....I had to find a suitable replacement. And if you're going to only wear it for 10 weeks, it might as well be an upgrade ;)
Bling bling!
Bling bling!
Milestones? Making it into the "30's," we are getting close!
What I am nervous about? I know its so random, but I have a fear that Banks will be allergic to Tiger and then we will have a huge problem. I know that is completely random. I am just a little nervous about Tiger's transition anyways, he is definitely the our first baby and I hoping he will love Banks. He already loves Blakely, and they get along so well. She literally squeals every time he comes in the room or she gets to touch him. I hope Banks will have the same reaction! We signed up for a class at Roper St. Francis that is specifically for new parents with a pet and the "transition." Hopefully that will help us get ready!
What I'm excited about? As I mentioned before, I finally signed up for our pre-baby classes. So far I have signed up for the transitioning with a pet class and a breastfeeding class. I have not signed up for the labor or "baby boot camp" class because I have heard very mixed reviews. My sister took the 6 hour laboring class and she said that it was the biggest waste of time. Already being in medicine, she said she could have taught the class it was so basic. So I don't know what to do. In some ways I feel like its a "right of passage," but I also know our free Saturdays are numbered. Other new mommies, did you take the labor or baby boot camp class at your hospital? Was it worth it?
Banks and I at 30 weeks!

3 comments:
You look so cute preggers! :) We did not take any classes with either baby! LOL. If you plan on trying to have a natural birth with no drugs, I would say it may not be a bad idea to take a class. Even if you already know the material, it may help to have it fresh in your mind during labor if you are going all natural. Ya know, just in case you start to freak out or anything! :) It will put your mind at easy to remember that everything that is going on is supposed to be happening! If you plan on getting an epidural, I wouldn't bother with the class! I knew I'd have drugs, so I didn't need labor coping techniques! Haha!! Good luck! You are getting close!
Thanks Val...yea I don't think I will be attempting a natural labor, haha. We are trying to be very open minded, but I am pretty I'll be getting the epidural. Matt said either I am getting one or he is, haha! Thanks for the advice!
Post a Comment