Father's Day is always a special day for me, but this year was especially great because I got to celebrate my husband's FIRST father's day. I have always known Matt would be a good dad. I knew he would love to play trucks or throw Banks around- do fun dad stuff.
But...wow...this man, he's a good father. Not just the everyday, feed him, change him, play with him stuff, but the real dad stuff. He is so patient with Banks...and me, because some days it takes a lot to put up with us :) He leads us, prays for us, and sets an example for Banks as a husband. He works hard all day and the first thing he does after he greets me after work is grab Banks and take over. He jumps in on ALL parenting duties and its such a blessing. I love to see him interact with Banks. Banks adores his daddy and so do I!
I have to be honest, Matt had the bar set pretty high for fatherhood because I had the best dad. My dad is almost superhuman, he is so amazing. I have never met a more patient man in my life...and that says a lot because he has had to put up with some crazy women :) I don't think I have ever seen my dad get bent out of shape...he is calm and reasonable at all times. That's not to say he isn't the first to jump down on the floor and play with his grandchildren! He taught me to love Jesus and what I should expect out of a husband and the father of my children. So many people say their dad is their hero...but he is, I don't know how he does it.
Banks is SO blessed with Godly men as examples, what a lucky little boy to have so many role models. If its not enough to have a wonderful husband and father, I was blessed with the world's best father-in-law! He and Matt have a wonderful relationship and it has translated in to a wonderful relationship with me as well. He loves us and would do just about anything for us! He is absolutely enamored by his first grandchild! He is honorable, loving, caring, and encouraging. Matt learned a lot from his dad on how he wants to father Banks (and our other children) and I am so thankful for the wonderful role model he is.
We spent father's day with Matt's dad and got to just hang out, go to the pool, and spend time together. Father's day is a very special holiday around our house because we have SO much to celebrate. I don't take for granted having so many wonderful men in my life, God is good.

0 comments:
Post a Comment