Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Good Ol' Fashion Hymn

We normally go to the contemporary service on Sundays, but since Matt's dad was in town we went to the later service and it was really refreshing to hear a few hymns mixed in with the normal praise and worship.  Well we sung my all-time favorite hymn and every time I hear it, God always reveals something new to me.  It just reminds me how much I need Jesus and of the promise He gives us to spend eternity with Him.  I know you have all probably sang it before, but reading the words can just add a whole new meaning.  So enjoy :)


Come, thou Fount of every blessing, 
tune my heart to sing thy grace; 
streams of mercy, never ceasing, 
call for songs of loudest praise. 
Teach me some melodious sonnet, 
sung by flaming tongues above. 
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it, 
mount of thy redeeming love. 

Here I raise mine Ebenezer; 
hither by thy help I'm come; 
and I hope, by thy good pleasure, 
safely to arrive at home. 
Jesus sought me when a stranger, 
wandering from the fold of God; 
he, to rescue me from danger, 
interposed his precious blood. 

O to grace how great a debtor 
daily I'm constrained to be! 
Let thy goodness, like a fetter, 
bind my wandering heart to thee. 
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, 
prone to leave the God I love; 
here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
seal it for thy courts above. 

1 comments:

Katy Clark said...

Hey Alyssa! I am new to this whole blogging thing! I enjoyed reading and catching up with your life! I'm following you :)