So today was the big day...our race day! Matt and Will ran a half marathon and Jordan and I ran the 5K at the Save the Light Race on Folly Beach. These were the first real races for all of us, so it was a pretty exciting day.
Here's Jordan putting her number on before the race
Matt's T-shirt
These are the pre-run pictures- we look a lot more put together before the race, haha
Jordan and I did a lot better than we had expected. I made it through the whole race without stopping- woo hoo! If you would have told me that 3 months ago, I wouldn't have believed you. After our 5K, we went to the car and got the camera and went to the 10th mile marker to wait for Matt and Will. Here is a picture from when we first saw them coming down the road! GO MATT AND WILL! We ran with them for about a quarter of a mile and they were 8 minutes ahead of time and actually feeling really good!
This is a picture of us when I was running with him, haha! Only three more miles to go!
After we met them at the 10th mile, we ran back to the finish line to make sure we got their picture. Here they come!!! Good job guys!
WOO HOO! They made it!
Crossing the finish line... they finished in 2:02! Thats less than a ten minute mile!
Tired, but very excited:)
Trying to refuel with some yummy fruit
YAY! WE DID IT!!!!!

3 comments:
yay!!! so proud of all of you, but especially you Alyssa! Now we can be running buddies, if we ever get to if close to each other again!
love you!
Hey Alyssa! I just saw your blog for the first time today, and I love it! It's so cute and funny. :) I can't wait to be back in Charleston to hang out with all of y'all - and take Samson and Tiger on play dates with Scout!
I am so very proud of all four of you!!!!!! I would have loved to have seen you guys cross those finish lines. You have definitely motivated me! I want to do it also...i will keep your wonderful success in my mind as I work! Love you all so very much...Mom
Post a Comment