Monday, February 22, 2010

Reunion!

As most of you know, I have been a cheerleader like my whole life.  I started doing "all stars" in third grade and never turned back.  When I decided to go to PC I was really unsure if I wanted to keep cheering because it was pretty stressful in high school (I know most of you are laughing right now, but I am not lying...).  We were really good in high school and practiced like every day and had football games, competitions, and basketball games, etc.   So I thought I wanted to kinda take a break from all that and just enjoy college.  Well I will have to say my mom made me at least try and out and we would just see what happens.  Well long story short, I made it, I decided to give it a try, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.  Some of my absolute favorite memories from college are from games or road trips or pep ralleys or whatever else they made us do!  I met some of my very best friends and would not trade ONE MINUTE of cheering in college.  Were the best cheerleaders in the south east? absolute not.  Were we the best in our conference... maybe.. but truth be told, we really didn't care.  We were there to mostly just have fun and that was the best part. 

All this to say that this weekend we have a little cheerleading reunion of sorts.  It is only our graduating class and the one below us.. not to say we don't like everyone else, but we had a certain fondness for eachother :)  Well I am SO PUMPED and cannot wait to see some girls that I haven't seen in forever.  It promises to be a super fun weekend.  Here are some pictures from my old cheerleading days....











Of course I had to put up a picture of the one time I was ever a flyer :)

3 comments:

John and Jen said...

Hey Alyssa! I just saw you have a blog - I have been keeping one for John and myself too! So great to see what yall are up to and ohope all is well!

Courtney said...

definitely like the black suits the best!

carol wilks said...

So cute! I am going to have a reunion with my two best friends from highschool tomorrow! So excited....and nervous! Its been quite a bit longer than yours! I will make a blog post too!! Been reading your blogs and love to see what you are up to! I miss miss miss Taylor cheering at Lexington! Hopefully one day she will cheer again somewhere....it is in her blood. Mascot to Varsity! Ha!