Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why I've Been a Little MIA

So I have never been very good at keeping secrets...and there has been a big old secret that I have been trying to keep.  So I may have been a little MIA while trying not to spill the beans!  The good news is that it is finally time to share the secret :)   The big secret is that....




I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!  
My sister, Lauren, is having a baby!  I am thrilled to the moon and back!   I am so happy for her and Richard and think that they will be amazing parents.  It's so weird trying to imagine my sister being a mom.  It kinda freaks me out a little bit, haha!  This will be both Matt and I's first experience as an aunt and uncle and I cannot wait.  I am already so excited to buy that little peanut super cute clothes and toys and everything else baby!  It's such a game-changer to have a little one in the family...everything really does change. It is hard to imagine the dynamic of having a baby around at holidays or even when I just hang out with Lauren...I am just now wrapping my  head around it.  Anyways, just wanted to share the very exciting news.  I did have to go out and buy little baby Monk some cute things...just a few items. I promised Lauren after this one little gift that there would be no more "tacky" baby items...but lets be honest, how could I resist this? 


I am also working on getting my sister to start a blog...I have even thought of a cute name for it!  I will keep you updated if she does :)

2 comments:

Debra Dele said...

Congrats to your family! Such exciting news! I know y'all are just thrilled! Being an aunt is so much fun! Please give Lauren a hug from me! Lucky little peanut to have such a wonderful mom!

Cameron said...

YAY!!!! now we just have to figure out the perfect name for the Auntie!

Love you!!