Every once in a while I think to myself...who really cares about our meaningless weekends?!? But then I remember that this blog is for Matt and I to have a record or journal of our lives. It is so fun to look through the archives now and see what we were doing this time last year. I would have loved to have a journal about my parents' time before they had all of us. Sure they have a few pictures here and there, but just a few. Anyways, I will press on and talk about our weekend so far. This has been a very laid back weekend. Matt's dad came down Friday night and then went and played golf with Matt. The girls went shopping then we all grilled out at our house. Costco had their ribs on special so we got some and they were de-li-cious! After that we stayed up late playing cards and hanging out.
On Saturday morning we decided to get some brunch at Hominey Grill.
We knew it would be a little bit of wait given that it is Memorial Day weekend and the beginning of Spoletto, but an hour later we finally got a table!
After our big breakfast we all headed to the pool to enjoy a pretty day!
If you can't tell, that is Matt lying down by the side of the pool and Mr. Jeff walking around in the pool. It was such a warm day so the water was very refreshing!
Matt and I by the pool- whenever I want Matt to take a picture with me he occasionally will make the cheesiest look just to spite me. I don't think he realizes that I don't really care and I am going to use it anyways..hah!
Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all of our veterans and our current soldiers who are fighting for our freedom right now. I know that is something I could never do, so I am very thankful for those who give up their lives to fight for us. Thank you!



0 comments:
Post a Comment