This is the last Palm Island post, are you excited?!?
On the last full day of our vacation we took a catamaran to the Tobago Cays. Tobago Cays is where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean, I was hoping we would spot Johnny Depp!
Our catamaran, the Yannis
It was a nice 45 minute sail over to the Cays, of course beautiful views along the way...
This is a view of Palm Island from the water. Its so crazy because it does not look like there is a resort right on the water at all.
I didn't realize I got them in the picture, but those were our British friends (on the right) we met while we were there! They live about 30 minutes outside of London and we talked to them about doing a house-swap for a week. It would be just like Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz :)
We finally made it to the beautiful Tobago Cays. There were many private sail boats anchored around the cays, it was hopping the day we were there. While we were there we snorkled and then swam with the sea turtles and even saw a few sting rays! The sea turtles were HUGE...some of them were probably 4-5 feet across!
Handsome hubby enjoying the sun!
Chilling on the front of the catamaran on the way home.
Whew! That sums up our trip to Palm Island! It was such an amazing trip, but it was more fun to get to spend that time with Matt. It was nice to unplug and reconnect for a week, all the while making memories that we will cherish forever. I know it is on the verge of sounding very cheesy, but going anywhere together would have been awesome, but I think we picked a great place! I am so thankful for a sweet husband and a wonderful marriage to get to go places with and get to experience new things. Going on a trip is great, but its who you go with and share the experience with that really matters. We are usually just as excited to get home back to our life...after all its a pretty good one!
If you have stuck with me through all 5 posts- congratulations! I feel like I should mail you a prize or something :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment