It still is slightly surreal that we are pregnant and going to have a baby! Obviously it is something we talk about a lot, but it hasn't truly set in. I am going to try to rewind and remember back to the day that we took "the test" and found out we were beginning this amazing journey.
December 25: This was Christmas Day and this was the first day that I had felt a little bit "off." I was just a little bit queazy while opening gifts, but obviously nothing major, but just didn't feel quite right. I guess this was the day I began to have a little bit of suspicion that this could be happening. I didn't want to tell Matt about it because I was afraid there was nothing going on and I didn't want him to think I had become crazy or anything :) This should have been a warning sign to me that I was already slightly nauseous at 3.5 weeks...I mean who starts with nausea that early?!?! Anyways, more on that to come.
So I continued to be a little sick for the next few days until I knew that it was time to take a test. December 28th I went to CVS picked one out and purchased it. Is it weird that I am 27 and married but am TOTALLY embarrassed to buy a pregnancy test? I was like 3 shades of red by the time I walked out of the store. When I got home I told Matt we should probably wait until the morning...but we were both incredibly impatient so we decided just to go for it. I took the test and we immediately went into the bedroom where Matt prayed for us while the test was doing its thing. It was a very sweet moment filled with anticipation and excitement...one of my favorite moments of the journey so far. After a few minutes we went in and looked at the test. Of course we both just stared at it saying "is it positive?" "I think that means its positive" "no, thats not..." Then we read the directions and sure enough...two lines meant positive!!!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
4 weeks ago

4 comments:
Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com
Look at that cute mom & dad!! And I'm with you on the beard thing...they are so much more handsome without them : ) Love it!!!
Oh my goodness, Alyssa!!! I am just thrilled to the moon for y'all!! So precious. You will be a wonderful mother:)
There are many more "speechless" moments to come! God is so good and growing a child that He created will reveal to you a little more just how amazing God is. Congratulations!
Post a Comment