We have been trying to get some small projects done around the house. One thing I have wanted done since we moved in was a new sink. We don't have fancy-dancy granite counter tops, so we just have an above-mount sink. We had the cheapest, shallowest (is that word?) sink in the world. I hated doing dishes in it because it was like 6 inches deep.
So one night I got the urge to to visit my favorite place, the "scratch and dent" section at Lowe's. You can find some amazing treasures in this section. As luck would have it (I am pretty sure it was because my mom was with me, seriously, good deals find her) they had the perfect sink back there! This was after the guy told me "we never put sinks in the scratch and dent section." Goes to show you, you should always look for yourself. Well we found the sink we wanted (currently for sale at the store for $319) for fifty bucks. The only thing wrong with it was that they lost the box. Perfect! I now just had to call my dad and Matt and tell them I just bought a project for them :)
It look a little longer than expected, but these two had it perfect in no time!
What really spurred all this sink shopping was that my parents had gotten us this new faucet for Christmas.
This is the sink semi-done...still had the caulking around the edges. Can I just say what a difference a deep sink makes? It has opened up a whole new world! I love doing dishes! Ok, I am lying I still don't love dishes, but it does make it a whole lot better!

0 comments:
Post a Comment